Sl350 2007 binnicle issues

Tomoshea

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350
Hoping for some guidance here....

Having spurious issues with the binnicle. Driving along no issue with the car, all of a sudden I might get SRS indicating, then disappear, the The roof opening indicator come on and then disappear, occasionally the dials go full to the right and the display will go red.... and then everything goes back to normal within a couple of seconds.

The only issue with the car is the air con isn’t charged, seal gone.

Car has 60K kilometers on it.

Runs perfect apart from this issue..

Someone did mention to me this seems like a can bus junction box under the drivers steering wheel which is a common failure....there have been historical can small f errors when using star system but no F errors.

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers..

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Are any errors currently logged against the Instrument Cluster?

OP
T

Tomoshea

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350
Nothing against the binnicle per say.... but there were multiple can related errors

OP
T

Tomoshea

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350
Think I found the problem.... blocked air filter box... full of water.... pulled passenger side carpet .... swimming pool underneath....

Fun job ahead for the weekend....good insight from the forum though....no condensation in the car...quite amazing given the amount of water I found...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom