SL55 Ride Height

candellara

Reaction score
Hi All

Decided to lower my 2006 SL55 as I felt the ride height was too high

So, I opted for the simple way :) lowering links as the car can be easily returned to standard and it's low cost

The instructions recommend an 8mm adjustment on the links but I opted to do just 5mm as this represents a 28mm chassis drop

Well, suspension is definitely lower but I made the schoolboy error of not measuring the original ride height - dooh!

Can any 55 owner with standard ride height measure group to wheel arch for me - front & rear. Thanks if anyone can help

EDIT: If anyone can measure - can you do it with ABC in sport mode

My car is now (in sport) Front 655mm from floor to wheel arch and rear is 675mm

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
70cm from arch to floor.

However, the car is always trying to level the body, so if its not on 100% flat ground, you will always get different results. Sports mode makes no difference to the ride height.

OP
C

candellara

Reaction score
70cm from arch to floor.

However, the car is always trying to level the body, so if its not on 100% flat ground, you will always get different results. Sports mode makes no difference to the ride height.

Thanks. Big help. So, happy with the rear ride height as I only wanted a 1" drop. I'll adjust the front to 675. I assume standard is 700mm all round?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Thanks. Big help. So, happy with the rear ride height as I only wanted a 1" drop. I'll adjust the front to 675. I assume standard is 700mm all round?

No worries! Same all round.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom