SLK 230, 1998 indicator problems.

phil jones

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk 230 1998
Hi, As a new member I hope you can help with this problem.

Indicators started to be work on & off and have now stopped staying on non flashing.

I bought a new module which seemed to work for a short while but then stopped, just like the old one.

Any ideas

Phil

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help with your problem, unfortunately I am not a techie. :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Might have corroded connection somewhere - worth looking

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Was the ECU a brand new unit or a second hand one? If a second hand one then its very possible that that one has failed as well. Its a very common issue on the SLK and a new module is about £600 which is why the second hand ones are in demand.

That module unit is the only thing that really fails to stop the indicators from working.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom