slk 230 k ignition key lost

Mark Thorens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR 2005
Hi Everyone,
Some of you have been good enough to help me help my girlfriend get her 2003 SLK 230 Komp back on the road...... We have been investigating the auto box being low on oil and have removed the battery for a recharge.... But now she has lost the ignition key and cant find her spare.... good job she is gorgeous and very precious to me!

Anyway.... we need another key. its pre electronic keys so I guess we can somehow get another one cut but the car wont move of course so (please excuse my stupidity) how can we obtain the correct one and can we avoid the Mercedes main agents in the meantime? :)

Thanks for your help. Sorry if we are painful!

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Did I read that the keys for this model are no longer available anywhere ? Hope not because I have a R170 too although I do have two working keys. Key is the two button type with mechanical locking blade.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I had a look there and the 2003 SLK is one model they can't help with.
The OP may be forced to use the dealer for another key.

Contradicting myself here , but if its a flip out key, it looks like RMK can help after all:)
It's on the page flyinspanner posted.

OP
M

Mark Thorens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR 2005
Big thanks to everyone for taking an interest. Flyinspanner thanks for the link will be on it first thing on the morning. :)
AMGeed.... It's perfectly fine to contradict yourself ... I do it all the time. Thanks for the confirmation. I'm very grateful to all. :)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mark Thorens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR 2005
Just to update you all those guys need me to send them the door lock and DAS module which is, sadly beyond me so it's back to the drawing board.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom