SLK interior light - interior light on all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Yaxley

Reaction score
Hi,

I am the very happy owner of a 2 month old SLK230. Unfortunately the interior light has decided to stay on all the time with the switch in the right position and the central locking no longer "chirps" three times when the car is locked (it chirps once OK when the car is unlocked). These seem really daft problems and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix them myself before resorting to visiting a dealer.

Thanks

Regards

Peter

fuzzer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
SLK interior light

This sounds like it thinks a door is open , i had the same thing at the weekend with dad's new e class estate , i did not close the talgate properly and the alarm did not do its three plips. I reseated the talgate and hey presto , back to normal. If you check all the doors and the small switches look ok and not damaged , take it back to the dealer , but make sure everything is fully closed.

Anonymous

Reaction score
SLK interior light

Chirp?  My SLK has never done that?  (11 month old) I guess I'l take a trip to the daeler to check this out!

Think your best bet is to return to the dealer with the Interior light problem. What is the situation when you have locked the car, does the light finaly fade out under thease conditions or does it stay on all the time?

OP
P

Peter Yaxley

Reaction score
SLK interior light

Jason, JPD,

Thanks for your replies. I have also identified that the roof does not want to go down and the manual says this could be as the car thinks the boot lid is open. This would tie in with what you saw Jason with the C240.

Does anyone out there know where the boot light micro switch is on a SLK. I am guessing it is this switch as I would expect you can put the roof up with a door open.

JPD,

Your car should chirp although I have heard it can be turned off. It looks like it also highlights problems like I have at the moment though.

All the best

Regards

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom