SLK R170 Window Stop issue

TechnoWhizz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML500 W163 2003 Black LPG
Hi all,
This is my second SLK 230 1998 R170 with window problems. The first's stop that is onglass came off and had to be reglued -and worked fine.

With my current mischievous Millie, the problem is that the window goes up and down fine, but it overshoots the top window stop (towards the door hinges). It's as if the stop has bent and just allows the corresponding glass fixed stop to push by. Result it then the window won't go down until I release it. It looks like a fairly solid piece of aluminium with a black plastic cover over the "ledge" of the stop. If it didn't slip the window would be correct. Wasn't sure if putting a washer or three between stop and door inner panel to space it. Also the lower bolt (directly between speaker and "stop" bolt) I assume either attaches to the runner, or is a further adjustment. For some reason, although the bolt is correct, the bolt hole is nearly as big as the bolt head itself through wear.

Just wondered if anyone had had this problem and sorted it? I hate "bodging" stuff. At the moment the stop is at 90 degrees to the window stop, so misses it.

Thanks in advance one and all!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom