• NGK

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Market stall specials

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
as above

NGK is what I prefer, but there were cases of Chinese fakes and the electrode can fall off causing issues
I had that with a Champion plug years ago. The centre electrode could slide down and touch the end electrode. Of course you pull the plug out turn it upside down and it looks normal. Put it back in and it misbehaved . Took a little while to figure out what going on....

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
I had NGK Iridium in the last service which I think are the recommended ones (possibly not Iridium but NGK all the same). Champion were the big boys back in the day. I'm sure NGK would be OK in your 450 but likely won't need a modern 'fancy' plug but is a pretty big block and demands a good one all the same! As other learned chaps say above, be so so careful of fakes. They get lots of recommendations on here, but get them from MB Grangemouth (excellent discount and they will also advise on the best type) or the high street and that way you can be sure they are genuine. My paranoia is so high on buying these critical bits like plugs, pads, tyres etc.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I got an eml and misfire on the focus 1.6 vvti at 150k mile and 10 years a week back

having spotted a puddle round the top of the HT leads was expecting fun... especially as under what looks like a cam cover with just a hole each round the pugs is really a secret 2 pint hidden hole between the cam that has no way to drain

so I bought a set of Leads and a new Coil for 60 all in !!! cleared the puddle, realised the washer jet is perfectly placed to allow water to fill these areas and sealed that up, fired it up no misfire and cleared the codes

a few days later I meant to ask if she thought it was running a bit sweeter... then thought why ask, no way she will notice... but did anyway and she said Oh meant to tell you its like a different car so much more power

thinking she must be a bit delusional more or less dismissed her point (after all when 30k earlier had fitted iridium NGKs there was no discernible difference over the worn out 20k mile std motorcraft ones) ...however drove it 4 days later and the difference is remarkable... even reversing slowly 4 foot I could feel the car was transformed. It will do now on 2 thou pedal movement what was an inch previously ….

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom