Speed camera alerts on satnav

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
No, law abiding :)

that's how it should be with speed limits - ignore them completely - and just concentrate on driving safely, that way you will find you are much less risk to yourself and others yet often travelling 20mph differently to the rubbish written in the circle

and for those who shouldn't have a license and want to argue, I mean slower or faster than the rubbish on the sign !!!

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Please post an update if someone gets the SD card thing to work...
I'm busy trying to find a confused that has the SD card port:mad:
Mine works a treat using that method.

Dell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 B class Exclusive Plus B180
It is illegal in France to have specific camera locations but not to have danger areas hence tomtom putting warnings for next how ever many miles.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
It is illegal in France to have specific camera locations but not to have danger areas hence tomtom putting warnings for next how ever many miles.

well done for saying that, fed up with the rubbish peddled in bike magazines saying you can have it on in france...

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Yes, Waze will also show speed camera's but I don't think it does audible alerts.
So the voice that speaks 'speed camera in x yards ' isn't audible? ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
So the voice that speaks 'speed camera in x yards ' isn't audible? ;)

I will have to test this. I always have Waze and TomTom alerts running at the same time with TomTom in overlay mode so I assumed all audible alerts were from TomTom.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You can Set waze audio up as alerts only and stick it in your pocket if you use tomtom sat nav...

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I already have POI enabled in my 216 so I guess I'd just need to add the speed camera part ?

What version of Comand do you have?
I have NTG 3 and they say its too old.
But I think your car is younger than June 2009 ?

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
You can Set waze audio up as alerts only and stick it in your pocket if you use tomtom sat nav...

Managed to test Waze speed camera alerts today and compare it to TomTom Speed Camera app on Android. To summarise Waze does give audible alerts but they are not as good as the TomTom app, Waze audible alert is a one off whereas TomTom gives multiple alerts for every camera. Waze also missed roughly 50% of the cameras on the route i took whereas TomTom alerted every camera. So overall IMO TomTom is better but Waze is better than nothing.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Waze is free .. TomTom free for 50 miles a month otherwise its an annual cost i believe . I confess I've never known waze to miss a single camera but i believe you... as for multiple alerts for each camera i think that would drive me nuts :) ...

Sigoodall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A207 E220/2013/Diesel
I have a 2013 E class - not sure which version of Command I have. I use the PocketGPS database downloaded onto an SD card which stays in the slot in the dash as described in the post above. It works well, I get audible "bongs" before the camera and icons on the map for mobile, fixed and average speed camera points. You just need to update the database using your PC every now and again but there are weekly updates available. There is a £19.99 yearly subscription but worth every penny, not that I ever speed!

Dell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would think Sigoodall that you have a ngt 4.5 as you get a bong to warn you, I have ngt4 and all I have read said that it can only work on a 4.5 but I am going to try it later after I updated the map but not sure if it will be today as the map update will take approx 150 minutes .
Just received PCMCIA adapter going to put poi's and contacts on to see if I can import them to command.
Will post results Dell

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
PCMCIA? are you sure? I haven't seen an MB with that type of memory card before. Are you using a PCMCIA to SD adapter? Is the SD card no larger than 4gb?

Dell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I am sure it's 512mb I was going to get a PCMCIA to SD adapter if the poi's could be loaded but no luck so far.
Dell

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
Waze is free .. TomTom free for 50 miles a month otherwise its an annual cost i believe . I confess I've never known waze to miss a single camera but i believe you... as for multiple alerts for each camera i think that would drive me nuts :) ...

Can you get this app from your phone to alert you through the speakers via Bluetooth?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom