Sprint Booster

Optimus prime

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG
Anyone fitted the above and if so what was the outcome regarding the unit?

I am sick of my transmission the MCT is awful despite an update & no codes or faults. Really bugging me now so hunting for a fix or the car goes! The guys in the US seem to think the SB makes a difference but I would be interested in comments from forum members pls. Otherwise I will be car shopping again :mad:

lee c63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 C63 ( weistec supercharged 714bhp)
I know someone who had a sprint booster and he was not overly impressed. All it does is make the throttle more sensitive.
You could always get a aftermarket TCU remap or have the valve body upgraded to make it shift quicker.
Speak with Acid at MSL and he could advise

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Contact GAD and see if there is something they can do with the software

OP
O

Optimus prime

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG
thanks guys but I don't want to throw proper money at it if I cannot guarantee a cure. The whole gearbox valve body stuff is mega money:shock: I hate the way it drops from 3rd to 2nd if your not already on the brakes its ****** awful:mad: I know its a common problem and the shifting is no where near as smooth compared to my old bmw 535d with the ZF 6hp box. Just really disheartening as I finally got the car I saved for only to find it has an awful transmission!

OP
O

Optimus prime

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG
Got to be worth a conversation though

Yes indeed just come off the phone to GAD excellent customer service @ 9.30 in the evening, however its a no fix :( the transmission is what it is so its a case of put up and shut up or goodbye.......so goodbye is winning at the moment no point at chucking money at the car just for someone else to benefit from.

Sad day perhaps this is why there is so few around? Think I may now look at the Lexus IS-F

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes indeed just come off the phone to GAD excellent customer service @ 9.30 in the evening, however its a no fix :( the transmission is what it is so its a case of put up and shut up or goodbye.......so goodbye is winning at the moment no point at chucking money at the car just for someone else to benefit from.

Bugger

Sad day perhaps this is why there is so few around? Think I may now look at the Lexus IS-F

That I would be extensively test driving first, it doesn't get good reviews

lee c63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 C63 ( weistec supercharged 714bhp)
Have you driven another E63 same year etc.....just to make sure it's not a issue with your car specifically rather than just a general problem.
As far as I am aware there is a software update from MB for cars with MCT so maybe yours needs it and has not had it.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As far as I am aware there is a software update from MB for cars with MCT so maybe yours needs it and has not had it.

Says in the original thread it has been updated

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom