Sprinter CDI 316 March 2015 (MY2013) Reversing Camera

AirCon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter MY2013
I've purchased a reversing camera from a German Ebayer (claimed OEM).
It comes with German only instructions hence my questions on here.

The Radio (Command Module) is an Alpine RY2350 with the video input on a turquoise connector (the only one not used).

I've connected switched 12V power via the glove box and the video.
Then switched on the ignition (so the camera is now powered).
Waiting 30 seconds and connected this "programmer" to the OBD port as described, however the LED light on the programmer just comes on and stays on forever (well 20 minutes is all I gave it).
The instructions say the lamp will go out after 1 minute and Diagnose will come on the command units display. But they don't.

Anyone had any luck retro fitting these cameras?

Note the camera is working if I use an alternative monitor.
It appears that the "programmer" (Hinweise Diagnose Interface Mercedes) is not working correctly or I'm doing it wrong.

I await your collective wisdom

Last edited:
OP
A

AirCon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter MY2013
Please help

Anyone?:-?

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
We work on a fleet of sprinters but never fitted a reverse camera, i would of thought that you should code the front sam.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not know this one at all, but when I add anything to the mercedes Comand I have to put it on STAR to program it in.

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
As malcolm says suspect needs coding, could not believe went to local bodyshop to code in new head lights after front end smash. they would not work when just fitted, need coding its going stupid.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom