Sprinter CDi Braking

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
Just a quick one,

Don't ask how I found this out because i'm not too sure myself, but i'm wondering if this is supposed to happen.

Imagine the scenario, you are cruising at say 40mph with a steady foot on the throttle and you touch the brake with your left foot. YES YES i know i have no idea what i was trying to achieve either. But the fuel pump stops, is this normal? I'll assume its part of the electronics that such as the cruise control uses (not that this model has it but i'm informed that putting the stick into place is enough to get it to work) Even if pulling hard (foot to floor) a tap on the brake pedal and hold the throttle at full and the pump switches off as if you've lifted your foot off.

Any clues?

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Just a quick one,

Don't ask how I found this out because i'm not too sure myself, but i'm wondering if this is supposed to happen.

Imagine the scenario, you are cruising at say 40mph with a steady foot on the throttle and you touch the brake with your left foot. YES YES i know i have no idea what i was trying to achieve either. But the fuel pump stops, is this normal? I'll assume its part of the electronics that such as the cruise control uses (not that this model has it but i'm informed that putting the stick into place is enough to get it to work) Even if pulling hard (foot to floor) a tap on the brake pedal and hold the throttle at full and the pump switches off as if you've lifted your foot off.

Any clues?

All CDI's do this inc cars, fuel economy and engine braking i suppose.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
My car does that, sitting at the lights for a super get away, nothing happened when I used 2 feet :roll::roll:

OP
C

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
Aaah, this appears slightly different though Malcom. (I didn't mention in initially).

It appears that if I am accelerating gently and tap the brake pedal, al is lost as i now understand to be a feature, but if i then push harder on the thottle even with the brake pressed then it springs back to life.

Anyway, mustn't dwell on such little things.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom