Sprinter struggles to start when warm

surfwagon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 208cdi mwb hi roof
Hi all,
I thought i had solved this one last year, but now seems to be back with the warm weather.
The engine starts perfect when cold or has cooled down. But when I try to start the warmed up engine, the engine just keeps turning over for about 30 -60 secs before it will start.
I have checked for air in the fuel, but all clear. When the engine turns over there is no smoke from the exhaust.

Any ideas anyone.

many thanks

alexmoon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 270 CDi 2002
I had similar problem on a 270CDi – turned out to be the camshaft sensor.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
We just changed the "garage van" test driving the new sprinter it was no match for the Ford--the new tranny came up from Plymouth to Warrington--picked up this morning good deal + all the extras on tow bar ply lined ect., through "Polar"Ford dealership.

OP
S

surfwagon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eventually got home and got the sprinter to the garage. Plugged in computer and nothing amiss apart from a few minor logged faults. Mechy is going to change the fuel filter orings and fit a new valve on top, as the fuel pressure was fluctuating

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
It's most likely to be either the crank sensor or leaky injectors or pressure control valve.

OP
S

surfwagon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yep, looks like pcv or injectors. PCV cheaper so i check that first for damage, asi have a seal kit for it. then if its not then an injector test. Thanks for your advice...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom