SRS LIGHT, pwr seat stoped working! S.O.S.! '05 E320

COCOPUFFS2000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E320
Hi, this is my first post, so I hope someone out there can help.:Oops:
I have a E320 '05 that I garaged for 3 weeks, after that, I turned on ignition and 3 error lights came to display: 1- BATTERY,2.- ANTILOCK BRAKES AND THE SRS AIR BAGS.... after warming the engine for 15mins, turned off the engine and switched it on again...and now, 2 warnings turned off except the SRS. REMAINED ON.. I have continued using the car for days now, but still the SRS LIGHT IS ON PERMANENT. Took it to mechanic with STAR auto scan and said that there is no 'communication with the driver’s airbag' and asked if I had kicked the bumper, had minor accident or something, and told car was just garaged. After going to 3 different mechanics no one can tell me exactly what is the prob. And now, the driver’s power seat has completely shut off today!!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? Should I buy a new SRS MODULE? IS IT WIRING? IS IT A LEMON THING? PLEASE HEEEELLLPPPP!!
:wink:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
If this started after being left for a few weeks my first port of call would be low power.
Get the charging side checked over to ensure all is well and if it were me, I'd remove the battery overnight and recharge it off the car. This will do 2 things. Firstly, ensure the battery is tiptop and secondly, 'reboot' the car's electrical system by leaving it without power for a short while. The car is rather like your PC, it can work well most of the time, but if it gets 'befuddled' it can sometimes benefit from a reboot.
When you reconnect, you will need to reporgram the windows and if you get ESP/BAS warnings, the ESP wheel position sensor needs recalibrating, just twirl the wheel from lock to lock and it will clear. SRS normally needs a reset via star so you'll probably need to revisit the garage for that one.

OP
C

COCOPUFFS2000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E320
****UPDATE**** APRIL 10th 09*****
Besides all info posted, my cars STEREO SCREEN STOPED WORKING FOR ABOUT 2 MINS. then, I found out that the POWER STEERING WHEEL is not working!! Also the SEATBELT CHIMES when you drive above 5mph telling you to 'buckle up' wont sound. Also exiting the car with LIGHTS ON, the warning chime wont work either! Took it AGAIN to mechanic with the Star Autoscan, and tell me that his computer wont pick ANY problems!! And he has the latest update on it too! OMG! What the heck is going on with my car????? PLEASE ANYONE HELP! I am checking this thread everyday for some answers! THANK YOU! :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
With this car it sounds like a SAM has gone down,possibly the N10/2.

The car cannot be tested on any code reader, it was to be a reader dedicated to MB and have a full STAR program

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom