Star in South Devon

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Does anyone in South Devon have a Star system and would be willing to help me carry out AC compressor adaptations on my W164?

New compressor is logging fault code 9006 now, which is extremely frustrating. I went to my local indie in Newton Abbot who seemed very unhappy that I had a Xentry Tips document and didn’t really want to help me other than put me through standard process which would cost me £100’s. First visit to this indie, I won’t name them, but I am not impressed

I don’t see how they would refuse to code the AAC module to a particular FW revision when this is part of an official Mercedes Benz Tip article?

I got the impression they like customers that don’t understand their vehicles.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
There is another place in Teignmouth called 4 Smart and Merc

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
because to update the firmware you need to have a current paid for system and most "experts" won't have this

After 2015 Star Diagnosis equipment is no longer supported. Therefore there is no bug fixes, update of the diagnostic data for the newer cars, or systems, nor any ability to code or programme electronic units post 2015 other than using a backlog of outdated software data using a level in a given device.

By the end of 2014 most dealerships that had Star Diagnosis Compact4 with SDConnect DoIP multiplexers were removed and main Dealers received Xentry Kit

I do not know but I suspect STAR is far less stable in applying updates which is why so many don't want to touch updating.

the current kit to do this job as per a main dealership is I believe only available via a lease (xenty connect) and costs quite a bit https://static.autologic.com/J2534/Mercedes/Mercedes_PassThru_July16.pdf

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom