Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Yeah i watched them lock it off. Its more annoying as my A4 was done by same guy and that was perfect. I checked for play last time i had tyres a few weeks back but it all seemed solid. Cant you move closer north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Its too cold and the beer is warm and soapy...

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I've had mine done a couple of times, including once at WIM, and it still drifts left. Second place I took it too couldn't understand why, with the angles the car has, it didn't run right.

I've just learned to live with it. I think it's the cause of the constant ache in my right shoulder though - most of the car's use is long motorway trips.

Last edited:

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I've had mine done a couple of times, including once at WIM, and it still drifts left. Second place I took it too couldn't understand why, with the angles the car has, it didn't run right.

I've just learned to live with it. I think it's the cause of the constant ache in my right shoulder though - most of the car's use is long motorway trips.

You will never dial it out completely due to the road cambe, stiffer multi link suspension and lower profile wheels and tyres.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If anyone is looking around Merseyside then these know their stuff too. They also were the first place to do the resin fix on lower ABC ball joints too
https://www.facebook.com/4wheelalignmentcentre

That was the other place I took my car too - the one that said they couldn't understand why it didn't run to right. They started suggesting it was the ESP turning the car left.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You will never dial it out completely due to the road cambe, stiffer multi link suspension and lower profile wheels and tyres.

I think there is a thing with W203's particularly where they roll (ie wind) on left lock and that's what mine's like - it's not so much a drift as the car is trying to turn left.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
merc's are just shody rubbish

about 400 miles ago, I sorting a broken boot and put the original track control arms on the front, as the febi bilstein arms
were worn out in 1000 miles and putting the camber adjuster in the right side (where it was) which it needed as had left the factory out of spec!!! and also sorted the bushes on the castor control arms that were toast at 45k ever so gentle miles !!!

yesterday finally got round to getting the geometry sorted... right front camber has gone from leaving the factory wrong with to much positive camber, to too much negative (its never been hit or gone through trauma) all using the exact same arm !!! but now its magically at the limit of its adjustment !!! and the tracking at the front and rear was wrong...

as some back ground underneath my car almost looks like new - never gone anywhere and covered in ACF 50 yet the front tracking that was done by WIM 5k miles ago now seized and need heat to get it to move. the rear right is now worse as the bush / adjustment has gone to **** and needs an arm, all at just 54k miles in total

an hour later

steering wheel ends up all over the shop after fighting all the bolts to get adjustments done its moved and they set it wrong.... had to go back and get it all done again. car now follows road to the left, wanders and the steering is slightly off to the right but its mostly all in spec or just out (till I sort that rear)...

in the afternoon took a 128 k miles never looked after focus along, sorted in 15 minutes. Front and rear adjusted (amazingly the rear tracking is adjustable which no one ever mentioned before - were both exactly the same slight out) now 100% all in spec, no worn bushes, no agro, steering 100% straight, drives 100% straight,

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Reading your post Botus I'd say the problem of poor tracking is down to an operator rather than things shifting. Geometry won't change in that short a time if you don't hit things.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Reading your post Botus I'd say the problem of poor tracking is down to an operator rather than things shifting. Geometry won't change in that short a time if you don't hit things.

it can if all the bushes are decrepit, designed to fail trash....

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
it can if all the bushes are decrepit, designed to fail trash....

Bushes don't fail that quick, unless you make then out of 'Cheeeese' Gromit :p

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
my average mpg over the last 3500 miles is 24.8 and of that less than 1000 would be motorway work (..where it only does 28 anyway)
if you drive it about as hard as an old 1.6 focus can go with an average driver, it drops to 17, so I hardly thing I've been ragging it

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c class 2.5 amg
Which is exactly what Wheels in Motion do and the end result is a car that drives better and is so much quieter as well - still the best money I laid out on mine, because of the saving in not having to replace tyres early because of excessive edge wear.
hi ive got the same problem with my c class estate 62plate driving me nuts. cars pulls to left can feel it in the steering trying to pull . its all started when had new tyres fitted and tracking set . any help would be appicated

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
hi ive got the same problem with my c class estate 62plate driving me nuts. cars pulls to left can feel it in the steering trying to pull . its all started when had new tyres fitted and tracking set . any help would be appicated
As above take it to someone who knows what they're doing with tracking.
You don't say where you are but Steve at Avantgarde near Bristol or Wheels in motion near Aylesbury are both recommended.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c class 2.5 amg
As above take it to someone who knows what they're doing with tracking.
You don't say where you are but Steve at Avantgarde near Bristol or Wheels in motion near Aylesbury are both recommended.
Thanks for reply In the northeast

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don't know anyone in the NE sorry.

The issue is the tracking needs slightly more caster one side to the other to cater for UK (left hand traffic) roads.
The factory settings work on the continent.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom