Superlex or Powerflex bushes

PhilippeM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 270 cdi
Hello,

Took the front wheels off my W209 CLK yesterday to replace discs and pads. No problem with the job but noticed inside edges of both tyres show more wear than outside edge. No feathering and tracking done not so long ago, so I believe it's probably the bushes on my lower and upper arms that are tired. Car has done 80,000miles.

Understand this is a common issue on the W209s and 203s. I do plan to keep the car for many many years (diesel availability allowing!) so have a question regarding replacement. Are the MB parts supplied now better than when new or is it worth considering fitting Powerflex or Superflex bushes?

Cheers

Philip

OP
P

PhilippeM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 270 cdi
Hello

To the first three posters, thanks for your views. Based on them I have ordered new bushes from MB.

As to posts 4 & 5, I appreciate that you may have huge knowledge on these cars but I don't. Before posting the topic I searched the forum for reference to Powerflex & Superflex bushes but could find nothing. I also did some general searches on the internet and again could find nothing related to use of these bushes on a similar Merc. I have used these bushes extensively on various classic cars, both my own and others I have worked on, and always had excellent results .

I think my question was reasonable and new. Another time if a subject bores you, and you have nothing of interest to add, is there any point in posting?

No offence intended.

Cheers

Philip

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I just replaced the whole arms on my W203 with Lemforder items from ECP

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hello

To the first three posters, thanks for your views. Based on them I have ordered new bushes from MB.

As to posts 4 & 5, I appreciate that you may have huge knowledge on these cars but I don't. Before posting the topic I searched the forum for reference to Powerflex & Superflex bushes but could find nothing. I also did some general searches on the internet and again could find nothing related to use of these bushes on a similar Merc. I have used these bushes extensively on various classic cars, both my own and others I have worked on, and always had excellent results .

I think my question was reasonable and new. Another time if a subject bores you, and you have nothing of interest to add, is there any point in posting?

No offence intended.

Cheers

Philip
Apologies Philip, in return I did not intend to offend, my post was not intended to expose anyone’s lack of knowledge but in fact was my rather juvenile sense of humour aimed at the word ‘bush’....those on here who know me put up with me despite this (mostly)....no offence taken from my side, life’s too short...:)

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Check out
strongflexuk.jpg

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
I put poly bushes on the ARB on my last car, no squeaks, rattles nor ‘harshness’ in ride comfort. It actually reduced the noise of the worn bushes (knocking) as the arb was held correctly again.

OP
P

PhilippeM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 270 cdi
John

No worries and sorry I misunderstood your post.

I might try the poly bushes when I fit new arms.

Cheers

Philip

OP
P

PhilippeM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 270 cdi
So, after collecting new bushes and fluted bolts from MB put car on four poster last week to replace. Lifted up front end and tried again to identify where the play was and changed my mind. This time it felt more like wheel bearing.

Quick look on youtube showed this as an easy job, and 1hr later both sides adjusted and no more play! So now I have a spare set of bushes and bolts.....

Cheers

Philip

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
So, after collecting new bushes and fluted bolts from MB put car on four poster last week to replace. Lifted up front end and tried again to identify where the play was and changed my mind. This time it felt more like wheel bearing.

Quick look on youtube showed this as an easy job, and 1hr later both sides adjusted and no more play! So now I have a spare set of bushes and bolts.....

Cheers

Philip
Good to hear, even though you’ve some goods to put on eBay now- glad it’s sorted that’s the main thing!

Top Bottom