Swivel seat

Loch doun ventures

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes sprinter 2012 310
I'm considering putting a swivel mechanism under the passenger seat in my 2012 merc sprinter but I've been told it can't be done because of the electrics under the seat? Can anyone advice my on weather it can or can't be done? Regards ian

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
I'd imagine it could be done but you'd need to adapt, strengthen and lengthen the under-seat wiring harness somehow. The rotation of the seat would I guess very quickly damage / break the wiring on a seat not designed to rotate. Maybe look at designs or other forums and other marques like VW Campers etc which already have rotating seats with electrics? Likely a way to do it but probably expensive.

OP
Loch doun ventures

Loch doun ventures

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'd imagine it could be done but you'd need to adapt, strengthen and lengthen the under-seat wiring harness somehow. The rotation of the seat would I guess very quickly damage / break the wiring on a seat not designed to rotate. Maybe look at designs or other forums and other marques like VW Campers etc which already have rotating seats with electrics? Likely a way to do it but probably expensive.
Thankyou

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
To my mind you would need to ensure that the seat has limited rotation, so can't do a 360 back to original position.

Then as said lengthen and provide additional protection.
You might use coily cable,
or something like a copex that is like a (limited but somewhat) flexible conduit.
A good quality flex might do, but then I would add protection where it might abrade on the frame below.

The wiring already has flexibility, so it can move forward / backward, up / down. It's unlikely to be long enough, or designed to move in the extrem fashion of a 180 rotation.

OP
Loch doun ventures

Loch doun ventures

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
To my mind you would need to ensure that the seat has limited rotation, so can't do a 360 back to original position.

or something like a copex that is like a (limited but somewhat) flexible conduit.
A good quality flex might do, but then I would add protection where it might abrade on the frame below.

The wiring already has flexibility, so it can move forward / backward, up / down. It's unlikely to be long enough, or designed to move in the extrem fashion of a 180 rotation.

Thankyou

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

I had rotating seats in my VW Caravelle, they were heated as well. I had the drivers one out a few times to fit a subwoofer underneath it. I can’t remember how the electrics were connected under the seat, the bases would only go 180° though, from full forward to full back

Top Bottom