Test

B

brick10

Do you have to take a retest when you are 70 years old, not there yet but I know it,s coming.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
No, you have to apply for a new/replacement licence and I think it might need a new passport photo and stuff. There is no retest as such at this time.....

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
as above. I believe that a renewal has to be applied for every 3 years after age 70.

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
I renewed mine online at 70 and a new photo wasn't required. The license only lasts for 3 years and then you have to re-apply including answering several health related questions.

OP
B

brick10

Many thanks for your replies

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
I renewed mine online at 70 and a new photo wasn't required. The license only lasts for 3 years and then you have to re-apply including answering several health related questions.

If you have a "chipped" passport with a digital photo, then DVLA will pick up your passport photo automatically. Not sure if you have submit a new photo if you have an old or no passport. Renewal is online, subject to a health declaration. If you need to tick any of the boxes related to specific health conditions, expect further enquiries from DVLA. And yes it is every three years from 70+. BUT it is free, you do not pay the 10 year renewal fee - this may only apply if you previously had a "green" licence up to age 70 (as is likely) rather than the 10 year renewable one.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I think the new photo is only necessary if your appearance has changed significantly...

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
If you have a "chipped" passport with a digital photo, then DVLA will pick up your passport photo automatically. Not sure if you have submit a new photo if you have an old or no passport. Renewal is online, subject to a health declaration. If you need to tick any of the boxes related to specific health conditions, expect further enquiries from DVLA. And yes it is every three years from 70+. BUT it is free, you do not pay the 10 year renewal fee - this may only apply if you previously had a "green" licence up to age 70 (as is likely) rather than the 10 year renewable one.

I had a passport photo that was renewed in 2012 so a new photo was not requested.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
I am so much better looking than my passport photo!
When the time comes I’ll just have to use the police mug-shot instead.:oops::D

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Before my hair went grey my passport photo looked like Carlos the Jackal, Shows my age hey.

Top Bottom