That proverbial problem - rust

barge210

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post an e-mail. I went to Greenoaks in Bracknell who use an external bodyshop and asked to claim under corrosion warranty. Greenoaks in Bracknell use an external bodyshop who came and took lots of pictures (boot lid and front subframe),the wole service history (last of which was an independent) and the licence document. I had my 2000 E240 about 6 weeks by then (yes, the magic hebrew temperature guage and the pixelated clock and drive info are there) but the car was a good bargain and I love the engine - and, as long as the engine and brakes and lights are OK, I'm not bothered about a few interesting niggles. BTW, I think that the problems on the displays aren't caused by vibration but condensation shorting the zebra strip. Anyway, the corrosion repairs have been approved - and then I mentioned the extra bits I found - no problem, we'll expedite those as well.
Thanks to this website for finding out about this.

meanwhile, I curse VDO PCB - obviously too thin (loking at the pics) and I have to ask does anyone get the random ABS/ESA/BAS warnings that I get ?
I suspect these are bogus as well. Curse CAN bus and all its incarnations!!:cool:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The random ABS/ESP/BAS warnings are down to the brake light switch. Break open the piggie bank for the ~£10 for the switch and all your problems will be gone*

*warranty neither implied or given :p

OP
B

barge210

Reaction score
merci beaucoup, blobcat,

I'll remember that when it is due for the next service or it gets worse ;)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom