This isn't just screenwash, it's BMW screenwash

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Talk about screwing the customer . That story will lead to some really bad pr if it gets around .

the director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 R 350 Grand Edition; 2015 S 350
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Use a shite product and then expect someone else to pick-up the problem.

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Then let's help it get around.
BMW Screenwash Crooks Shysters Rip off BMW Screenwash Crooks Shysters Rip off BMW Screenwash Crooks Shysters Rip off BMW Screenwash Crooks Shysters Rip off BMW Screenwash Crooks Shysters Rip off

Its all about the Google keywords :)

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
His dealer was the cause of all of his problems. A proper 'decent' Street Wise Dealer would have fitted anew pair of washer jets or cleaned his old ones and given him a free cup of coffee and said 'See you again sir'
I would now expect Morrisons to contact their suppliers and refute the BMW allegations.

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I'd love to see BMW's chemical breakdown and what makes their stuff 5 times the price of the Morrisons stuff. I wager it's IDENTICAL.

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
Many do's and dont's of BMW owners.

Anything BMW reminds me of this video...

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
While I wouldn't necessarily always use a dealer's screen wash .... I've used Vauxhalls for yrs as I've bought it at Trade Club discount .... cheapo screen wash will often encourage slime & growth of algae in the bottle. Which causes the problems the HOW owner had.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
does anyone actually think BMW actually formulate the screenwash themselves? because I don't. seriously, bmw using a UNIQUE screenwash? nope. my bet is that its comma or some other brand, in a BMW bottle

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
does anyone actually think BMW actually formulate the screenwash themselves? because I don't. seriously, bmw using a UNIQUE screenwash? nope. my bet is that its comma or some other brand, in a BMW bottle. or do what I would do.
BMW dealer 'what screenwash do you use sir?'
me 'you tell me, you filled it last'

problem solved. regardless of the cause, for free.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
does anyone actually think BMW actually formulate the screenwash themselves? because I don't. seriously, bmw using a UNIQUE screenwash? nope. my bet is that its comma or some other brand, in a BMW bottle. or do what I would do.
BMW dealer 'what screenwash do you use sir?'
me 'you tell me, you filled it last'
problem solved. regardless of the cause, for free.

Yup. We certainly do. Not "unique" formulations, they're all variations on a theme, but each OEM sells their own screenwash specifically formulated for their own test requirements. In some cases it's also market-specific. So, for instance, screenwash sold in Russia has to have different agents in it to counteract the different road-clearing/ de-icing products used throughout the year than would be found elsewhere in Europe. Or, screenwash sold in Thailand or Indonesia might have a different formulation again that is specified to more effectively remove splatted insect remains. And so on.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Something similar happened with a local dive operations 2-stroke powered boats. 3 boats siezed/wrote off their engines in the space of a week. The owners had changed make of 2-stroke oil from one brand to another.
The issue was they topped up the oil tanks in the boats with the new oil before the old oil had been completely used. Some sort of chemical interaction between the slightly different oils/additives caused it all to turn to jelly.
A rather expensive mistake.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yup. We certainly do. Not "unique" formulations, they're all variations on a theme, but each OEM sells their own screenwash specifically formulated for their own test requirements. In some cases it's also market-specific. So, for instance, screenwash sold in Russia has to have different agents in it to counteract the different road-clearing/ de-icing products used throughout the year than would be found elsewhere in Europe. Or, screenwash sold in Thailand or Indonesia might have a different formulation again that is specified to more effectively remove splatted insect remains. And so on.
but (and I'm guessing here) surely every manufacturer makes their washer jets from the same material? or if they don't surely a BMW washer jet, is a bmw washer jet, is a BMW washer jet so wouldn't these variation run a risk of the same issue? and although this is a UK car, why was the warranty refused when, say, in the US the claim might be accepted? (as in, its the same car, so why do the warranty conditions vary?)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Frankly, this is just sharp practice and I think it's the same as engine oils.
- You can buy the oil encased in a pretend-platinum can or use "A.N. Other" Brand with the same SAE number.
- They will both provide the same lubrication/protection.
- There are loads of articles explaining this.

It's also exactly the same commercial "puff" as the disgraceful rip-off for medication where certain high profile brands of are just Ibuprofen with a fancy name and a marketing "spiel" but the secret is to look at the "PL" code on both of them - if it's the same, the product formulae are the same.
- So you can buy some Ibuprofen painkillers in Lidl for just 25p or spend nearly a couple of squid for a fancy name...
- If anyone thinks the marketed brand is better just swap them over when nobody's looking... heh heh ;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
but (and I'm guessing here) surely every manufacturer makes their washer jets from the same material? or if they don't surely a BMW washer jet, is a bmw washer jet, is a BMW washer jet so wouldn't these variation run a risk of the same issue? and although this is a UK car, why was the warranty refused when, say, in the US the claim might be accepted? (as in, its the same car, so why do the warranty conditions vary?)

Pretty much exactly what you said. No other reason here than BMW being c***s.

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Buy a bmw bottle then just top it up with boggo stuff. Is the dealer going to do a chemical analysis?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Buy a bmw bottle then just top it up with boggo stuff. Is the dealer going to do a chemical analysis?
That Sir is one low down sneaky underhand deceitful misrepresentation of the situation . I love it :D:D

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
I'll bet the git wasn't using BMW's airline to pump his tyres up either, when he gets a leaky valve it will be his own fault.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom