To Start Or Not To Start ???

wscheffer

Reaction score
Website
www.scheffers.com
Hello Everyone,

Hear is another stupid question from someone maybe being too over cautious.

Anyways I have a 1987 420 SEL and I am in the middle of a dash out A/C evaporator change. I have everything back together, I think??? :rolleyes:

Except for the dash, instrument panel, center console switches and center console being installed.

:p :p :p

My question is… :confused:

Will it be ok to start the engine too make sure I did not miss anything during the reconnection process or should I install the instrument panel since there are EZL, Sensors and Tachometer connections?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Everyone,

Hear is another stupid question from someone maybe being too over cautious.

Anyways I have a 1987 420 SEL and I am in the middle of a dash out A/C evaporator change. I have everything back together, I think??? :rolleyes:

Except for the dash, instrument panel, center console switches and center console being installed.

:p :p :p

My question is… :confused:

Will it be ok to start the engine too make sure I did not miss anything during the reconnection process or should I install the instrument panel since there are EZL, Sensors and Tachometer connections?

I think that you should just at least plug it in for the start, as you can see all of the warning lamps etc

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I'll do that and give it a go.

"Boy What A Job!"

Thanks Malcolm!!!

Taking out the top of the dash must be the most labour intensive job on the car, at least when you do it your self you are less likely to damage any of the trim.

A lot of work

OP
wscheffer

wscheffer

Reaction score
Website
www.scheffers.com
Steering Column Cover

Funny you should mention that! :D

I did break the plastic steering column cover in between the instrument panel and the steering column. I was trying to save steps and well that's what I get for leaving the steering wheel on. :-(

Called the MB graveyard looking for one and found it for just $45.00 plus $10.00 to ship. :roll:

Kind'a steep but should arrive today. Hope the wife is not home when the delivery truck comes.

Hee! Hee! :razz: :razz:

Yes it is a tedious job though. I do not know what hurts more my back, or the joints in my fingers. But, I do know that work of this nature does remind you that your not as young as you use too be.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom