Traffic Subscription renewal

Mossie55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC
According to my Command on Line, my TomTom traffic subscription ends in December. Can anybody tell me how I renew this, do I take the car into a dealer to renew ?
It's a new GLC on a 66 plate so I guess the Command on Line is fairly up to date.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Take it to the dealer, you've not even been given a year, not good enough!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Take it to the dealer, you've not even been given a year, not good enough!

Good point John. I wonder if that is a year since the car was built? I have seen premature warnings on ASSYST in the past, which proved to be on the anniversary of the build of the car rather than the anniversary of sale/delivery.

Is there not a procedure for resetting such anniversaries as part of the PDI? Or is there such a process, but it was not followed?

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I didnt think the COMAND traffic was a subscription service?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I seem to remember mine was Andy, but it was 3 years IIRC

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
As per AndyM I did not think there was a subscription.

My E300 Hybrid was 2 years old when it went and I did not pay anything or renew anything.

None of my previous cars (not all Mercedes) have had subscriptions, you would think there would be something to sign up to if so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chilliblu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 E-class 220 bluetec
TomTom traffic is a subscription but it should be free for the first three years. I have a 2015 E-class and it was not working after I purchased the car at 8 months old. I took it into the dealers and they sorted it out with a software update. Has been fine since then.

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
Ive just picked up a 2014 e class and my traffic system doesn't need renewing until next year. I asked the dealer about it and he told me comand systems come with 3 years free before any purchase needs to be made.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I was right for once today ...hooray !!

OP
M

Mossie55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC
OK I'll take it to the dealer, thanks for the reply

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I'm confusing it with TMC traffic I think. Didnt know there was a TomTom option!

OP
M

Mossie55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC
If I select the traffic option in MAP one of the options is SUBSCRIPTION and there it says "Your TOMTOM subscription is valid until DEC 2016

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Mine is valid for 3 years from July 2016 when I got the car

OP
M

Mossie55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC
Thanks , I've now got an answer from Merc customer Services.

When you first get the car you get 3 months Traffic Services. When you register on MercedesMe, it automatically updates to 3 years from first registration which mine has now done.

They also gave me the link to the MercedesMe portal where you can check on all your software updates etc. I thought I would have to take the car into the dealer every time I want to update the map but apparently it updates automatically through Command On Line.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

When you first get the car you get 3 months Traffic Services. When you register on MercedesMe, it automatically updates to 3 years from first registration which mine has now done.

They also gave me the link to the MercedesMe portal where you can check on all your software updates etc. I thought I would have to take the car into the dealer every time I want to update the map but apparently it updates automatically through Command On Line.

Great, thats great information for everyone!

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I never!
Had a look and it is indeed a TomTom subscription!!
Mine valid until 09/17.

So how much is a renewal and can you do it yourself?

OP
M

Mossie55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC
Well I never!
Had a look and it is indeed a TomTom subscription!!
Mine valid until 09/17.

So how much is a renewal and can you do it yourself?

Here is the email i got from MercedesMe and the link to the portal where if you input your car details you can find out if there are any updates due, etc etc.
If you click on Mercedes Me Connect Store and Live Traffic you can renew your subscription. 1 yr £39, 2 yrs 69, 3yrs 89.

"Hereby the link to the Mercedes Me Portal, where you can login to your account.
If you click on your vehicle, you can check for Online Map Update.

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-me/

Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Ingrid Matyasova
Mercedes me connect

Mercedes me connect can be contacted by telephone on 008 009 777 7777 or 0207 660 9993, Monday - Friday between 08:00
& 20:00 (CET).

00800 9 777 7777 (international freephone)

+44 207 660 9993 (charged at national rate)"

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for that. I've tried to activate mercedes me before. I dont have the required sos call button to initiate the activation process in the car, despite the website saying my car is compatible!!

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
Thanks for that. I've tried to activate mercedes me before. I dont have the required sos call button to initiate the activation process in the car, despite the website saying my car is compatible!!

Hi, i don't have the sos call button but I do have a option on my comand screen to select an sos call. But like I said no button where the interior light switches are.

Anyway to the point, I've activated Mercedes Me by filling out a few details online then ringing the customer service team to finish the process.
To activate to a few other services such as remote locking I have to take the car into a dealer to verify who I am.
So hopefully you should be able to activate Mercedes me to.

Chas1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLE 250D 4Matic Sport

Thanks for the info , just checked my 03/2016 GLE ....no valid subscription ! Will get it sorted when dealer activates Mercedesme app this week :)

Top Bottom