Trump & May, we're all doomed!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, once again the great British public show an unerring ability to royally f*** themselves over.
I always thought the movie "Idiocracy" belong to a horror genre, rather than comedy.
Now, eleven years on, I think it was a deadly accurate future prediction.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes, once again the great British public show an unerring ability to royally f*** themselves over.
Especially The Tory party, by choosing a rubber duck to lead their campaign, Totally useless and now waiting for the Tory party to chop her at first hurdle....I did warn you, just a pity old PRW isn't here to give you a right royal going over lol.
Still you are NOW being ruled by the DUP, a party that has a lot of similar thinking to yourself.... Not Good!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
It would appear to be the end of TM, yes. It will, after several months of negotiations to form pacts - none of which lead to overall majorities, be the end of Corbyn.

I suspect that we will see yet another general election within 12 months possibly sooner. I also believe both the major parties will have to have new leadership elections -
May gambled and lost,
Corbyn could not secure a majority.
Ironically this is the worst result for everyone!
More Brexit woes to follow, as negotiations are jeopardised by U.K. political turmoil.
Perhaps Europe will agree to postpone negotiations?
Frosty you never learn. Nor do the Tories, people aint stoopid, they know who the genuine people are. Corbyn is untouchable now he has taken all of his detractors and critics and discarded them without having to even acknowledge them.
You do really have to try and follow the mood of the people they are the ones who matter and make the decisions.
http://www.economist.com/news/brita...ne-8th-labour-party-now-belongs-jeremy-corbyn

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Frosty you never learn. Nor do the Tories, people aint stoopid, they know who the genuine people are. Corbyn is untouchable now he has taken all of his detractors and critics and discarded them without having to even acknowledge them.
You do really have to try and follow the mood of the people they are the ones who matter and make the decisions.
http://www.economist.com/news/brita...ne-8th-labour-party-now-belongs-jeremy-corbyn

So why did 42% vote Tory vs 40% Labour ??

Labour gains were with The young (creditable!) and the 'lost' UKIP, SNP and Lib Dem voters.
The galvanisation of a return to a two party system is emphasised by the Blair landslide which polled 41%!

Incidentally, the DUP/Tory alliance leaves the Tories 2 seats less than before.
Overall I see no change for the man in the street. Nobody benefits from this outcome!
TM is buying time and the DUP did a deal for soft Brexit and because the alternative was 'intolerable'.
My political philosophy has not been stated on this site, only my personal interpretation of known and reported information.
If that causes offence,
I apologise unreservedly...

helpmeimsinkijg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55 AMG
No need to apologise for your views, they should not upset anyone unless they are children. No one can agree wholeheartedly on every issue that any of the party's put into their manifestos, but we should all listen with respect & realise that none of us are to old to learn.Plus its not an act of cowardice or blasphemy to actually change your mind at any time on certain issues.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
So why did 42% vote Tory vs 40% Labour ??

Labour gains were with The young (creditable!) and the 'lost' UKIP, SNP and Lib Dem voters.
The galvanisation of a return to a two party system is emphasised by the Blair landslide which polled 41%!

Incidentally, the DUP/Tory alliance leaves the Tories 2 seats less than before.
Overall I see no change for the man in the street. Nobody benefits from this outcome!
TM is buying time and the DUP did a deal for soft Brexit and because the alternative was 'intolerable'.
My political philosophy has not been stated on this site, only my personal interpretation of known and reported information.
If that causes offence,
I apologise unreservedly...

In some ways Northern Ireland will benefit greatly. In other ways NI will lose out during the Brexit negotiations.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)

Theresa Mayhem is off to the palace to seek permission to form a minority government with the DUP so as to provide "stability".

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

Talk all you like about Tory failings, the point is Corbyn and his crew lost. Face up to it, the Conservatives remain in control, or take a trip to Wales and have a cry on your mates shoulder.

As for May, I expect her to eventually be forced out, especially if the Brexit talks go badly.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Theresa Mayhem is off to the palace to seek permission to form a minority government with the DUP so as to provide "stability".

Better than the alternative Dave. Albeit a terrible result for May.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Better than the alternative Dave. Albeit a terrible result for May.

Quite frankly I don't know now. I always complained about having to make the best of a lousy choice. I am genuinely concerned whether she is the one to head up our negotiations with EU having made us look a laughing stock and talking arrogantly all the way through.

- But regarding alternatives... some people are already clamouring for Bumbling Boris! o_O

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Talk all you like about Tory failings, the point is Corbyn and his crew lost. Face up to it, the Conservatives remain in control, or take a trip to Wales and have a cry on your mates shoulder.

As for May, I expect her to eventually be forced out, especially if the Brexit talks go badly.
Crikey everyone else seems to think they won, you need to get up to speed on what losing and winning means.. Who will no longer be in charge of the country and lost her own majority...And will soon be a member of the EX PM society..
And who is the winner.. JEREMY CORBYN...
I don't see any of the silly posters being bandied about today, simply because Jeremy has silenced his critics.

OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
What has Jeremy done? Played an interesting game. He set his stall on the younger generation, under 25s and promised them FREE MONEY if they'd vote for him. The gamble there was not to win but to erode the Tory majority. It paid off, 74% of that section of the electorate turned out and he made big inroads. At the same time lesser proportions of the older electorate turned out who may otherwise have voted Con. Props to him for that. He played a good campaign twist right at the end.

Is that the win he wanted? No, he wants No 10, but it's the win he was most likely to get this go-around.

Has that changed him? No. Let's see, if instead of dementia tax, all May had said was:

CORBYN SUPPORTS TERRORISTS OVER THE STATE

CORBYN WILL PUT YOU AND YOUR GEANDCHILDREN UNTO THE THIRD GENERATION IN DEBT TO WIN THIS ELECTION

CORBYN WILL LIMIT THE AMBITIONS OF ANYONE WANTING TO
IMPROVE THEMSELVES

CORBYN WILL DRIVE AWAY THE BUSINESSES THAT EMPLOY THOSE OF YOU WITH JOBS

CORBYN WILL GIVE JUNCKER ANYTHING HE ASKS FOR, ON YOUR BACKS

then I strongly suspect her campaign would have been somewhat better received.

But- she played a lemon.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In some ways Northern Ireland will benefit greatly. In other ways NI will lose out during the Brexit negotiations.

I take your point re NI.
Genuine question-
If Sinn Fein didn't absence themselves from Westminster, who do you think would be all over them for an alliance?;)
SF 7 seats
DUP 10 seats

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All the stuff about Corbyn is probably true - BUT you wouldn't be feeling angry if Mrs Mayhem had not called a stupid election on a false premise of "needing a mandate" which she already had. Quite frankly she and her advisers (who are presumably redundant now!) got what they deserved. Lemon can be quite sour!

Today she said the country needs a period of stability which only the Tories can provide...
- If she really meant that she wouldn't have called the snap election.

Anyway, she's been to the palace so now it's up to the DUP to decide if they will join her (and on what terms, of course).
- How long do think before she'll be out of a job?

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All the stuff about Corbyn is probably true - BUT you wouldn't be feeling angry if Mrs Mayhem had not called a stupid election on a false premise of "needing a mandate" which she already had. Quite frankly she and her advisers (who are presumably redundant now!) got what they deserved. Lemon can be quite sour!

Today she said the country needs a period of stability which only the Tories can provide...
- If she really meant that she wouldn't have called the snap election.

Anyway, she's been to the palace so now it's up to the DUP to decide if they will join her (and on what terms, of course).
- How long do think before she'll be out of a job?

The backstabbing has already started by her own back benches.
For the time being she retains (albeit diminished) power and the DUP as Naraic points out, will be pleased to have leveraged some power.

I don't see either as credible candidates in another round of elections- end of the year/spring 2018 should see them both out, Nuttal has resigned already.
I can't see a UKIP future at all.

OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Two weeks before a challenge is mounted. They have to get Queen's Speech out of the way first if they want to prevent a vote of no confidence.

OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Agreed, UKIP is gone, done.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Two weeks before a challenge is mounted. They have to get Queen's Speech out of the way first if they want to prevent a vote of no confidence.
You think as little as two weeks Craig?

After all the arrogant negativity and forecast of "I'll be a ****** difficult woman" for the benefit of Juncker etc, who do you think will volunteer themselves to be in charge of Brexit negotiations now?

Ahh Bumbling Boris, perhaps.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom