Trump...

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
So Trump gets his Tax changes through.
His wall and other policies are on the way and yet he continues with the diplomatic subtlety of some one with Tourettes syndrome.

His re tweets might have made us cringe, but was the furore more about him than the uncomfortable content and its source.
It is a strange me-edia world we live in that is more outraged about him passing on the video than its content.
The me-edia hypocrites seemed to have forgotten their don't shoot the messenger mantra.
Should I be more outraged at the source or the actions shown was never a question for me.

The obsession with Russian support continues but you have to think beyond this to ask what do the Russians get/want for their alleged inference ?

He reminds me of the old relative at Christmas pushing wave after wave through the faux calm family waters.
Its only when you have sat backed exhausted with your late Christmas drink that you realise how uncomfortable the truth can be.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
So Trump gets his Tax changes through.
His wall and other policies are on the way and yet he continues with the diplomatic subtlety of some one with Tourettes syndrome.

His re tweets might have made us cringe, but was the furore more about him than the uncomfortable content and its source.
It is a strange me-edia world we live in that is more outraged about him passing on the video than its content.
The me-edia hypocrites seemed to have forgotten their don't shoot the messenger mantra.
Should I be more outraged at the source or the actions shown was never a question for me.

The obsession with Russian support continues but you have to think beyond this to ask what do the Russians get/want for their alleged inference ?

He reminds me of the old relative at Christmas pushing wave after wave through the faux calm family waters.
Its only when you have sat backed exhausted with your late Christmas drink that you realise how uncomfortable the truth can be.
That's very deep buddy , had too much curry and beer last night which is now causing constant "unpleasant Trumping" :oops:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I think the outrage is that he gives credence to bigots and xenophobes which in turn legitimises their extremist views.
For every act committed by one section of the community there will be acts committed by the other.
Legitimising extreme views on either side should be deplored as much as the acts they perform.

As for Mr Trump he should look to his own gun control issues instead of concerning himself with members of UK society.

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
The real outrage is that the world seems to be obsessed with Trump's every moronic utterance. If we all ignored his Tweets then he would look a lot less important - nothing worse for a self obsessed ego maniac than to be ignored.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Gun control loses me as a "supporter" on its own, but he is certainly no moron, his tweets to me are often seemingly poorly thought but at the core he often makes a good point we don't want to hear.
We do have a problem with the extreme elements of Islam.
The North Korean madman has got away with too much for too long.
We or at least the me-edia are obsessed with non stories.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Gun control loses me as a "supporter" on its own, but he is certainly no moron, his tweets to me are often seemingly poorly thought but at the core he often makes a good point we don't want to hear.
We do have a problem with the extreme elements of Islam.
The North Korean madman has got away with too much for too long.
We or at least the me-edia are obsessed with non stories.

That’s because they have:

a) little to no real “news” to report or;
b) little to no ability to conduct effective investigative journalism in order to report actual news.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I suppose most people have seen a Springer programme at some time?
- I think that gives you a perfect example of Trump's supporters...

So now we have a strange anomaly - by repeating a post he gives credence to the original poster (and boosts their audience apparently) but HE is the one being criticised for re-tweeting the post while the original poster seems to get off scot free?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Surely its the content that should be the issue, even crackpot racists can stumble across some valid items.
The opprobrium has because of the inbuilt anti-Trump bias in most news outlets been directed at the poster rather than the content.
I simply cannot concede that so many of the American electorate are of the Springer mob ilk.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Surely its the content that should be the issue, even crackpot racists can stumble across some valid items.
The opprobrium has because of the inbuilt anti-Trump bias in most news outlets been directed at the poster rather than the content.
I simply cannot concede that so many of the American electorate are of the Springer mob ilk.

They aren’t.

Look at it this way. Is he perfect? No. Is he of favour to all of the electorate? No. But he is to the majority. So let’s look at the minority opposing him. Why do they?

1. He does not support the status quo in any arena. Republicans not winning? Ok, take the DNC’s own fight to them and beat them. America not ascendant? Ok, make it so. And so on.
2. He supports very strongly the rule of law. That is to say, the Constitution. Disagree with that? Then you’re breaking the law.
3. He believes very strongly in the American way, that is people free to make their way in life and succeeding or failing according to their merits regardless of political leanings. DNC supporter? Fine, you get taxed and treated like anyone else.
4. He believes very strongly that governmental bureaucracy should be apolitical and that anyone showing overt political leanings in the civil service should be removed from office.

Any opposition to him within the USA falls under one or more of those headings.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Its a simplistic view but not necessarily a wrong one because of it.
The nuances of politics in the west have long been bound by fawning to the media,
why we let the "I'm alright Jack brigade" set the agenda I don't know.
In this country I long for a politician of any colour to tell the pursuing mob of reporters to p**s off.
It is not clever to exhaust your lexicon in an interview with a headline hungry hack when a simple retort will do.
America had its Disney president in Obama, charming, erudite and the right colour to boot but ultimately useless.
America and the worlds problems multiplied under his tenure yet he had everything that Trump doesn't.

Its trendy to slag Trump off, he is apparently a misogynist yet the facts simply don't support this label.
He is a racist for pointing out the rather obvious problems with porous Mexican borders, for pointing out the problems the world is having is having with those who literally interpret the teachings of Islam.

He is divisive no doubt but whilst that might make him obnoxious at times it does not make him a bad President they tried a "good" one.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I'd say he is very like his little friend, Rocket Man, He has a narcissistic view of the world and his own superiority. Is he sane? yes,to the extent he is well meaning, but cannot get his own interests to fruition or take precedence over other issues that would be more in keeping with the wishes of congress or to a lesser extent the electorate.
He is someone who is used to giving orders and getting people to do his bidding. Only this time the great American press are not in his favour or on his side. This is where he differs from Kim Jong Un. Kim doesn't get bad press or opposition. Kim gets the results he wants and likes.
To even think he has a strategy for running a country is laughable. A Politician would bite his lip and think more of his career path and wish for a successful term in High Office, whilst appeasing congress, and using a good spin doctor to make himself look good to enough of the electorate to keep him and them happy. Running a Country these days is an art that Trump cannot master. Granted he does point out things that need fixing, and things his followers see as necessary as well. But does he have proper workable solutions to solve these problems , I think not..
The other thing is most of his promises will get lost in his fight with the press and wont get done.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
He is presiding over a surging economy and has lines of communication with the world leaders that matter, he has got more movement from China than Obama and it has to be said Russia but that of course is open to speculation.
He has a strategy that works very well if you don't mind his end game.

He is thankfully nothing like Kim and we have to remember the Americans voted him in despite a tsunami of bad press.
Appeasing congress is like appeasing the local council something you soon learn not to waste your time on.

His faults are many and most are linked to a lifetime of success and privilege, a friend in New York confirms how in his younger days he was pursued by countless women.

It seems one of his biggest faults is success to many, how has the loud mouthed yank with the birds nest hair done so well.
He has lived the American dream and fought his way to the top it is quite literally "Rocky does politics"

Is he crazy ? hopefully, no sane person could live his life.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Here’s some wise words from a source I’ve used previously on here.

Now on to the vexed subject of Donald Trump. There is some background here that might help to explain why American members react the way they do. For the last year there has been a concerted campaign to denigrate and misrepresent Trump by a media that is 97 percent Democrat and openly wants to drive him from office. This campaign is probably the most virulent that has ever been mounted against a sitting President. The American press has always been pretty virulent but what has changed is that it is now a univoice speaking with one single agenda and with one single aim. It does not hesitate to distort, misrepresent or in some cases completely invent derogatory information about Trump. At the same time the same press completely suppresses (or tries to) anything that may reflect badly on the Democrat Party. There's a joke about this.

Scene, Trump walking down a corridor, sees a journalist heading the other way.

Trump. "Good Morning"

Journalist. (THINKS) What did he mean good morning? He must mean the afternoon will be bad. OMG he's going to put all the undocumented immigrants in concentration camps.

Headline "Trump Supports Final Solution"

Now, on such things, the European press follows a day or two behind the US press - in fact they get their stories from the US media so by the time they are reprinted, Americans are already familiar with the content and are aware that the stories are grossly biased and inaccurate. So, there's a degree of "oh God, not again" when they get repeated. There's another factor here; Trump uses his tweets as a means of bypassing the conventional media and speaking directly to his (American) audience. The conventional media of course hate this because it eliminates their stranglehold on what information gets presented to the public so there has been a continuous campaign of misrepresentation over his tweets. In connection with that, Trump also starts tweets quite deliberately to light fires.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I described him some time ago on here as the emetic or purgative candidate and how necessary he was I don't resile from that.

I am glad the me-edia dislike him.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
He scares me, like many others, I suspect, I haven’t decided whether the rhetoric is real or not?

Big Cheese

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
Although he seems like a bit of a dinosaur to today's snowflake generation he is mainly right on most things he tweets about.
Why for instance have the snowflakes not been up in arms about the pilot iSIS chained to a tree & set on fire?
And we seem intent on letting some of them back into our society when we should be putting them out of their misery.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Although he seems like a bit of a dinosaur to today's snowflake generation he is mainly right on most things he tweets about.
Why for instance have the snowflakes not been up in arms about the pilot iSIS chained to a tree & set on fire?
And we seem intent on letting some of them back into our society when we should be putting them out of their misery.

Because ISIS just aren’t understood. They’re standing up for their rights against the evil imperialist oppressors. Shocking that you could infringe the rights of such a group collective opinion.

WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN????

And so on...

Last edited:

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
today's snowflake generation

Do you actually know anyone real from this generation? I'm 33, from middle class parents in a very well off area, studied economics in Durham university, worked in the city of london in a top banking job, then lived in France as a ski bum for 6 months, travelled round Europe camping sometimes in hippy sites, then 3 years as an English teacher in Barcelona, 2 years studying sociology in Barcelona and now an accountant in Valencia for a big car company.

Through my travels met quite a variety of rather economically right and very economically left, those who believed in capitalism, collectivism, and every shade in between. Yet never met anyone who was offended by anything politically incorrect nor an appeaser of terrorists, etc. The only "snowflake" things from my generation are an almost universal belief in the legalisation of drugs and right to gay marriage/whatever sexuality people choose. Although I'd say the daily mail type readers that get upset that someone might not be heterosexual or might be taking some party drugs are the real "snowflakes".

It's a stereotype made up by the alt-right (like almost everything else they peddle) to strike fear into the masses and find a common bogeyman/enemy within to blame for the consequences of the economic decay of the Western capitalist model.

Top Bottom