Trying to locate engine No. on R107 280SL

Trawler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1985 280SL
I'm still having massive problems trying to work out where I find the engine number on my 1985 280sl R107. Would be really grateful for some help on this.

I've been offered an accident damaged (write-off) 1982/3 280SL with a low mileage engine that I'm hoping to transfer to my car. I'm trying to work out if the units are compatible hence I'm trying to track down the engine numbers.

I've looked in old manuals but they don't seem to give any clear guidance. I'm told the engine number should start with a 110.

Any pointers gratefully received as I seem to be going in circles on this one.

Thanks

GEORGEROV

Reaction score
Think the engine number should be stamped on either : Rear of right hand face of the cylinder block , or front of the left hand face of cylinder block . ( Viewed from cabin ) .

OP
T

Trawler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1985 280SL
Thanks both - tips really helped. I have been able to find number - should have come here first, it would have saved me hours.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom