Turbo cut-out

OP
M

maysons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 W164 ML 350CDI Airmatic Grand Edition.
turbo

Tried to upload the whole printout but having trouble with scanner, try later after reinstaling it, but hope this explains. regards Maysons.

Fault Code P0100-001 B2/5 (HOT film MAF sensor) The signal voltage is too low. Current and stored

psmart

Reaction score
Theres a good chance it wasnt the MAF, but the simplest of things, an AirFilter! Imagine, if the airflow is restricted, then you put the engine on load, the ECU (computer) may think the MAF is faulty as the airflow reading that the ECU is expecting, is not registering.

Hopefully its cured it, at least you've got a new MAF, should be good for another 60K+ :)

Trouble is, how did your airfilter get so dirty, lack of maintenance, or have you got something going awol in your engine bay, ie. like a broken exhaust clamp (which allows soot to spew out, which in turn gets sucked back into the airfilter).

Just add a bit more, Ive been studying the 320cdi inlet tract, and its identical to the 270. Look at http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GA=722.626&CT=M&cat=65C&SID=09&SGR=015&SGN=01 and http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GA=722.626&CT=M&cat=65C&SID=09&SGR=075&SGN=02 ,if you look at component 44, this is where the oil from the rocker box/crankcase breather enters the inlet tract, which is a few centimeters from a high suction turbo compressor inlet. Part 11 (see ring 50) is your MAF, and its well away from any oil contaminates.

Last edited:
OP
M

maysons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ohh Bugger......... And I Thought That Was The End Of It !!!!!

psmart

Reaction score
maysons said:
Ohh Bugger......... And I Thought That Was The End Of It !!!!!
Just carry on driving, otherwise you'll get like me, Im never satisfied until I have got to the bottom of any problem!

If you keep an eye on the dial at the side of the Air filter, it reads 0 - 100 and should be all white. If any red starts to creep up on it, then it means your filter is blocking up. If this happens, then there is something in the engine bay that is causing the situation.

A quick 'check' for your exhaust clamp: when the engine is cold, rub your hand down and around the exhaust manifold, exhaust and turbo (right hand side of engine bay looking back towards the car rear). If your hand has got 'soot' on it, then you may have an exhaust leak.

OP
M

maysons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Turbo

Thanks for the advice, I will do just that. I wondered what it was for. The car is actually due an A service in about 2,000 miles at approx 55K. So at least the filter won`t need changing, and it should show us if any contaminates are getting through. Regards Maysons.

OP
M

maysons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just a foot note to anyone reading this thread. now end of June 07 and been towing all over the country (as fast as I`m allowed LOL) no problems at all with Turbo, so looks like MAF / DIRTY AIR FILTER was problem. regards to all.Richard

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom