George.Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class AMG Coupe 2012 1.8 Turbo
I have a 2012 Mercedes C Class AMG Coupe. It has 70000 miles on it. It’s petrol and the transmission is manual. The engine has been remapped.

I was driving home and I did get my car to quite a high rpm in second gear to accelerate and suddenly I hear a hiss noise (like a balloon coming off a pump) and loss of power. There was no smoke coming out my car at the time or for the remainder of the journey home, the car didn’t go into limp mode, no weird noises or anything. The car drove the remainder of the journey home the same only the turbo never kicked in and the check engine light was on.

I’ve had a quick look and there’s no oil in the pipe to the turbo, the pipe is still attached, and when I turn the engine on I can still hear what I think is the whine of the turbo. There’s no smoke, no limp mode, no max rpm and it drives like normal but no turbo and less power.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be wrong as I’m a bit lost?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
No turbo is limp AFAIK. It really needs a scan . but most likely come up with under boost ? Check for split pipes or any that have come loose also around the intercooler area.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
As above, check for split pipes, which may require mirror on a stick.
Spraying something like easy-start around the pipes with engine running can also show up tiny splits (engine rpm increase)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
N/s lower boost hose split. Changing them on a daily basis now, or inlet manifold bolt snapped. Less common.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom