TYRE PRESSURES

Douglas noble

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A CLASS AMG 2017
Hi

have not long purchased a Mercedes AMG A class and just put winter tyres on it am looking for tyre pressures for it.
tyre size is 225/40/18. the sticker inside the fuel cap says 270 for both front and rear full load with 250 220 for 3 people in car.

what is the best pressure to put in when there is only 1 or 2 in the car as it feels a little light in the steering

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Welcome.

Personally, I've run most of my cars at 32-34 psi for years now. Gives me even tyre wear, better steering feel, more confident handling & braking etc, than manufacturer's recommended. (They reckon 44 psi for my current car, lightly loaded - tried briefly, truly awful. Their aim is purely to give better mpg).

OP
D

Douglas noble

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A CLASS AMG 2017
Welcome.

Personally, I've run most of my cars at 32-34 psi for years now. Gives me even tyre wear, better steering feel, more confident handling & braking etc, than manufacturer's recommended. (They reckon 44 psi for my current car, lightly loaded - tried briefly, truly awful. Their aim is purely to give better mpg).

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Likewise mine run at 32psi as well unless fully laden where I use manufacturers spec.

OP
D

Douglas noble

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A CLASS AMG 2017
Hi
thanks for that shall try that see how it goes, it certainly doesn't feel quite right since i got the winter tyres on.

north Scotland by the way

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Had an Astra hire car last year, and their chaps had prepped the car with tyres at circa 45 psi all round - felt positively dangerous!

Steering felt so light and very, very vague. ABS kicked in just looking at the brake pedal.

PS. Winter tyres tend to be a slightly softer compound, often with slightly taller tread blocks, so can feel like they wander a little bit more.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I run my winters a little bit higher than summers but still below the recommended- 36psi so about 250
What winters do you have on?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom