Vanio non start

craig amg211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03 e55 amg
Hi all I am working on a v6 diesel vanio. Eml on and tyre pressure and esp lights on.using star I found 5 glow plugs and brake light switch faultson the quick test. In the stored faults there was a crank sensor fault also, I fitted a genuine brake light switch which cleared the esp and tyre pressure lights all good so far. Went to move vehicle to put on ramp to fit crank sensor and no start. Next morning started and ran for a few minutes then cut out and has not started since.i fitted the crank sensor and no start still. I have read the data on star engine speed goes to 145 fuel pressure 15 and synchronisation OUT. I know fuel pressure is to low to start and cam and crank sync will not help either. It seems strange for this to happen after fitting a stop lamp switch, am I right in thinking that if engine turns over too many times without starting it would show a cam/ crank sync fault, also would a poor or weak crank signal affect fuel pressure.

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom