Vanity mirror light not working.

Merc 131

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 mercedes clk 220cdi
Hi, seems a lot of people, including me have had a problem with the vanity mirror light not working when opening the flap on the sunvisor. Mine was an easy fix. Open the flap and on the side of the mirror is a small button which operates the micro switch. Take a can of WD40, connect the thin red tube to the can for more accurate spraying, then spray as best you can behind the button..I did this 2 or 3 times over a couple of days. This cleaned the contacts. Now both work perfectly. I also cleaned the contacts where the visor clicks in with WD40. Hope you get the same result..

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi, seems a lot of people, including me have had a problem with the vanity mirror light not working when opening the flap on the sunvisor. Mine was an easy fix. Open the flap and on the side of the mirror is a small button which operates the micro switch. Take a can of WD40, connect the thin red tube to the can for more accurate spraying, then spray as best you can behind the button..I did this 2 or 3 times over a couple of days. This cleaned the contacts. Now both work perfectly. I also cleaned the contacts where the visor clicks in with WD40. Hope you get the same result..
Use contact cleaner not WD40 - it smells better and won't stain the trim in the same way WD40 can.

OP
M

Merc 131

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 mercedes clk 220cdi
Ok, thanks, all I had at hand and wasn't sure if that was the problem....

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom