Viano Dashboard Startup & a few questions

mariov652

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 Viano CDI 2.2 Marco Polo
Hello all,

Great to find this forum and read through the many informative posts!

I've recently purchased a 2005 Viano CDI 2.2 Marco Polo (Camping Car Edition) from a seller in Belgium. Despite the Camping configuration, the vehicle itself is a standard 2005 Viano.

I have a couple questions, and I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction...

1) Is there a Viano DIY book available, similar to the Hayes series? I've looked, but haven't come across one yet.

2) Is it possible to download the English Manual for this vehicle anywhere or do I need to go through Mercedes to get these?

3) When putting the key into position 2, the 'SRS' lights up, goes off then comes back on. Is that the same as other drivers of their Viano/Vito?

4) When putting the key into position 3, all lights on the dashboard come up for a few seconds and then go off, except for the battery and engine lights which stay lit. Is this correct or does this indicate some sort of problem?
Once started, all the lights go off.

4) From some online reading, I understand the Viano's are prone to bad alignment to the front and back wheels. In fact, it looks like my wheels are not wearing correctly. Is anyone else aware of this kind of 'general Viano problem', and is there a 'cure'?

I'm hoping to have my mind put to rest once I have the answers above.

Thanks,
Mario

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom