VIN Locations on a E-200 (New Shape) help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here as this is my biggest investment for a car so far and I don't want it to go wrong :)

I currently live in the UK and Spain (back and forth) so I've been looking for a nice motorway cruiser and decided as most of the motorway hours are on the continent i'd look for a LHD E200 (w211 i believe? '04 model)

My concern is as follows I have found what seems to be a nice one localy in Spain, and it seems to be rather cheap so my initial concerns are is it stolen or does it have a history.

Now I'm going to see it again on Monday for a better look and was wondering if anyone can help me with some locations of the VIN # just so I can have some peace of mind.

I assume it will be on the window and the engine but are there any other locations?

It's a stunning car, silver advant garde with full leather, only problem is it does not have sat nav :(

Which leads me onto my second question, If this car does turn out to just be cheap and nothing "dodgy" I can use the money i've saved by putting sat nav in, is it at all possible to retrofit it?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
vin plate

The vin plate is seen through front window.check under seat for year of manufacture and on most fittings . You will find vin number on rear bulkhead but it will take a bit of stripping to find.NO one selling the car is going to let you do this ..As for sat nav try alpine they do one that has a 7 inch screen.. it has a motorised head unit .when not in use it cant be seen hope this helps.

piestore

Reaction score
VIN

hi

the VIN is only in the screen in uk and western euro cars but it should be on a sticker on one of the front B pillars seen when opening the front doors, you could ask the local dealer to read and print of the VIN from central gateway with the STAR Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom