vito 108d

shahid

Reaction score
hi to everyone,i have just bought 108d vito but have a few problems if anyone can help ;when driving putting it in third gear and it crunches gear 1,2,4,5 and rev o.k.and spare wheel has special tool to take wheel out from underneath thanks please help::confused:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

I've moved this out into a more appropriate section.

anthony evs

Reaction score
I also suffer the 3rd gear phenomenum, and ideas wuld help us both greatly.

Many thanks in advance.

Newbie, anthony evs.

hi to everyone,i have just bought 108d vito but have a few problems if anyone can help ;when driving putting it in third gear and it crunches gear 1,2,4,5 and rev o.k.and spare wheel has special tool to take wheel out from underneath thanks please help::confused:

Ultymate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K Estate 1998
Your 3rd gear synchro has gone you've either got to rebuild your G/box or learn the old skill of double de-clutching when engaging third. Sorry i've no info regarding your spare wheel carrier on most vans they tend to wind down from above ie inside the van or door jam so as not to put the operative under the wheel.

anthony evs

Reaction score
Hi Black C55,

Well, I`ve had my vito for over 4 years, and use it as a disabled carrier for my 10 year old child that is wheelchair bound.

Generally the cais excellent for what i need it for, apart from the gearbox problem. Its been with me since i`ve had it, did start getting worse, but i changed the oil in the box for a thinner semi synthetic oil and grearbox treatment, and this did help greatly, but not solve the problem.
It is probably the synchromesh ring!

Does anyone know how much the synchro stuff is to buy, and how difficult they are to fit? If they a reasonable to buy, I will probably have a crack at changing the synchro when the clutch gives up, as the greabox will be out, then maybe have a go to solve all issues with it.

Many thanks for your help, Anthony evs.:)

Gearbox usually.

How does the clutch feel?

OP
S

shahid

Reaction score
sorry i couldnt reply earlier as i had problems with the internet BlackC55 the clutch is o.k shall i change the gearbox oil would that help.

Top Bottom