Vito sliding door won't unlock after handle removal

martin11

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Vito 111
Hi all,
I resprayed my 2010 Vito RH sliding door recently. Took off the door handle to do so and when all was painted and polished, re-installed it.
Now the handle works when unlocked, but if you lock the van, then unlock it you cannot open it, and have to reach around to open from the inside..

So far I've taken everything apart again and checked.. no obvious reason for fault.
I cleaned the pin contacts and plate, WD 40'd the latch, and dis and re-connected the battery. All other doors work fine.

I'm just stumped...

OP
M

martin11

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Vito 111
Hi all,
I resprayed my 2010 Vito RH sliding door recently. Took off the door handle to do so and when all was painted and polished, re-installed it.
Now the handle works when unlocked, but if you lock the van, then unlock it you cannot open it, and have to reach around to open from the inside..

So far I've taken everything apart again and checked.. no obvious reason for fault.
I cleaned the pin contacts and plate, WD 40'd the latch, and dis and re-connected the battery. All other doors work fine.

I'm just stumped...
After hours of hunting I found the wire and anchor going into the lock handle was slightly misaligned , so the wire was pre-tensioned by a tiny amount.. After setting it properly it works fine.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom