W124 cruise control and idle speedv

K1100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 320TE auto Japanese import
My 320TE has the following issue. Occasionally I will find that the cruise control is not operating. I now know from experience that whenever this happens, I will also find that the idle speed in neutral has gone up to 1200 rpm. So far, turning off the ignition and restarting resets both back to normal. I have found references on the forum to idle speed problems and ABS light being caused by the OVP relay but no reference to exactly my problem. Does anyone have any thoughts please?

OP
K

K1100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 320TE auto Japanese import
My 320TE has the following issue. Occasionally I will find that the cruise control is not operating. I now know from experience that whenever this happens, I will also find that the idle speed in neutral has gone up to 1200 rpm. So far, turning off the ignition and restarting resets both back to normal. I have found references on the forum to idle speed problems and ABS light being caused by the OVP relay but no reference to exactly my problem. Does anyone have any thoughts please?

Problem solved by Warringtons of Warwick, Bosch agents. Leaking air pipe to inlet manifold; one failed ignition coil, and a set of plugs and plug leads. Now running perfectly.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It will most likely have been the vacuum leak as cruise on older cars uses vacuum to operate.

Thanks for the heads up.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom