W124 engine harness replacement - stuck!

multigrade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E320 M104
Yes, it's that bio harness problem. I'm almost done removing it prior to sending it to Simon at Sileck for rewiring. (Hope I can remember where everything goes when I get the new one).

But there's one cable that snakes down at back of the engine and goes behind the oil filter.

I can't see where it terminates and couldn't get to it anyway. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get it out, please?

Thank you.

Brabus 3.6-24

Reaction score
Could it be the oil presure sensor or might be a solonoid for the transmition 5th gear or overload protection switch.

Sendt fra min SM-S918B med Tapatalk

OP
M

multigrade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E320 M104
Could it be the oil presure sensor or might be a solonoid for the transmition 5th gear or overload protection switch.

Sendt fra min SM-S918B med Tapatalk
Thanks - but Simon says it's the crankshaft sensor. I've also stumbled across someone who said he just gave it a good yank and out it came! Putting the new one back won't be as much fun, I suspect...

OP
M

multigrade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E320 M104
This is what I was talking about. And a quick tug did in fact free the CPS cable: crank sensor cable. Not sure how I'm going to get it back in again...

OP
M

multigrade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E320 M104
Looks like you have the other type that got a plug and socket, and all you hace done is unpluged it
Correct: I'm removing the biodegradable harness (see the OP) for it to be rewired.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom