w164 320Cdi Starting Problems

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
Hello again,

It seems that I have some starting problems on my w164 320cdi. Changed both batteries and it was fine.
I still get some 'Low voltage' messages. No idea why.
After few hours of driving if I stop and restart the car again I hear like a clicking sound ..sort of like struggling to start and the same Low voltage message appears.
If I check the voltage is fine.

Glow plugs changed back in Nov 2017. Relay back in 2016. Had it on Star and nothing reported.
What could it be???? Would it be safe to have a new Glow Plug relay??
Starter motor ??

Any help or ideas?

Thanks in advance

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
when you say a clicking sound, is it that the engine will not turn ?, if so the clicking sound is caused by no volts to turn starter, which would make me think of a very bad connection somewhere

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
when you say a clicking sound, is it that the engine will not turn ?, if so the clicking sound is caused by no volts to turn starter, which would make me think of a very bad connection somewhere

Yes sometimes like a double click then the engine will start but this is not always. Any idea how to identify this bad connection?
had it on STAR twice now and no errors whatsoever.
Where should I start? Injectors? Glow plug relay? Glow plugs? Crankshaft sensor?

Anyone else with a different idea would help. Thank you .

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Starter earth connection? Could be anywhere.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Could be as simple as battery connections, or as difficult as an earth connection somewhere

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom