W169 / A-Class - Asking For A Friend

gordonwd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 E220CDi Executive SE & 2017 SL400 AMG
A colleague is thinking about a 9/10 year old A-class for his daughter. Any general thoughts on one of these? Any common issues?

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
A colleague is thinking about a 9/10 year old A-class for his daughter. Any general thoughts on one of these? Any common issues?

I've had two over the past 10 years - both unfailingly reliable. However door sills rusted on earlier models - remedied by a re-design, I think in 2008.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
A nice runabout and pretty reliable but avoid the auto gearbox like the plague on the older models.
My wife had an older 1998 manual model and it was totally reliable over the 4 years she ran it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom