W169 A-Class subframe

mark.abersoch

Reaction score
Hello, I’m only new on here after running into some trouble with the Misses A Class.

During the snow and ice it has take a hard hit to the n/s/f wheel. Resulting in the sub frame bending and the car being unable to move. I’ve been looking around and can only fine sub frames for the W168. The seem to look similar but my one hasn’t been removed yet as the garage said it would take a ramp out of commission until we can get a replacement if it turns out to be wrong.

My question is will the older models sub frame fit the newer one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don’t really want to pay main dealer prices for the new part or go through the insurance.

Thanks
Mark

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Two different car, two different sub-frames!!

welcome to the forums

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Would expect this to cost quite a bit of money .ie replacing the subframe and l/h suspension.. So going thru the insurance may be worthwhile.. after all it is accident damage..

OP
M

mark.abersoch

Reaction score
Two different car, two different sub-frames!!

welcome to the forums

Yes i had thought so but i was kinda hoping it wasnt the case.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a breakers yard that might have a a-class in?

It will only cost me the price of the parts as my dad has his own garage.

Thanks

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom