W202 track rods

EDX

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009, C220 CDI, SE Blue Efficiency, Estate
Hi all,

The ball joint on the inner end of the offside track rod has a bit of play in it. I can feel it by holding the wheel at the 'quarter-to-three' position and wiggling it.

Question is, I've looked at the drawing on detaili.ru and it looks like the joint is not a separate item. Do I have to buy a complete tie rod assembly?

TIA.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I have always called it the 'centre track bar' but that could be wrong. You can buy an OE Lemforder one, which is not that expensive, IIRC.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
We had one at Ollies meet up on the ramp where the gaiter had gone and Ollie said it was all one lump but not expensive

louwdj

Reaction score
Replaced the drag link on mine. Locally a R2,000 part, at current exchange rates about UKP130. Plus must do wheel alignment after fitting. I though I could adjust the new link compared to the old one but no ways. I could not believe the erratic roadholding from the misalignment. Car would track - follow ruts in the road, would not return to centre after turning - unbelievable behaviour!

OP
EDX

EDX

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009, C220 CDI, SE Blue Efficiency, Estate
Thanks for the replies.
I see that GSF do them for £42.50 + vat so it isn't an expensive job.
I'll definitely get a 4 wheel alignment done afterwards. Any recommendations who to use in North Essex?

Top Bottom