W203 220CDi Coupe - Indicator Problems

OneMadC240Owner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Did have W202 C-Class 98 2.4 V6; Now have W203 2003 C220 CDi Coupe
Good Evening folks, its been a while since I have been on here or posted.
Now moderators if I've posted something thats been dealt with before, my apologies....

Apart from from an EPC power warning that pops a little too much, plus replacing all four injectors (and another one), so lets say 5 (Very aware that its a 4 cylinder engine), my problem is odd....

The great redundency system in my W203 tells me that the right rear indicator bulb is out & the secondary bulb is being used (On my car its the right reversing bulb) Well I thought I'd roll with it for a while, it seemed to sort itself out. But decided I had best get out the book, check the location of the bulbs in the boot - could not see any problems with the bulb. But I changed both anyway.

The problem appears to have gotten worse - Even though when you lock or unlock the car, the right rear indicator blinks (or appears to) as normal.
When you get in the car after you've unlocked it, the system now says the bulb is out & needs replacing.
I have, twice....

Can anyone assist in giving some ideas please...?

Clean all contacts & clean with WD40 or equivalent?
Is a case of a new loom?
A new SAM unit or faulty relay?
Getting it STAR checked & fault finding?
The unit around the steering wheel (the stalk) moves (about the column) quite a bit, I was wondering if getting this replaced may help....

MOT is due next month so I would like to get it sorted sooner rather than later.
Many Thanks to any suggestions that follow, I will appreciate them!

Top Bottom