W203 C160 warm air only

c class sport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 Coupe
Can't seem to find any threads about this for petrol cars.
My W203 C160 seems to take forever to warm up, when you eventually get hot air from the heaters it doesn't last very long. I've also noticed that when using the car on short runs or even a long motorway journey the engine temp never seems to rise above 40 degrees, is this normal?

All of the air is coming out of the right vents when requested so don't think I need to reset the flaps but just not sure where to head next?

Any advise would be helpful as its currently snowing here and I'd like hot air haha.

Thanks

Andrew...

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Can I suggest you remove the cabin filter as well. I had the same symptoms on my previous W203 Coupe. The cabin filter was so dirty the muck on it broke off in sheets when I pulled it out. Replacing it restored normal air movement in the heaters and I got full functionality back as well as more heat.

Changing the thermostat will also restore normal temperatures.

OP
c class sport

c class sport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 Coupe
OP
c class sport

c class sport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 Coupe
Can I suggest you remove the cabin filter as well. I had the same symptoms on my previous W203 Coupe. The cabin filter was so dirty the muck on it broke off in sheets when I pulled it out. Replacing it restored normal air movement in the heaters and I got full functionality back as well as more heat.

Changing the thermostat will also restore normal temperatures.

Thank You, is the cabin filter the filter above the battery under the bonnet or is there another one some where else?

Thanks

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Thank You, is the cabin filter the filter above the battery under the bonnet or is there another one some where else?

Thanks
It is on mine, a 5 min job to replace ,if you do it slowly.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c350 cdi avantgarde sport pack
Strangely enough we had this same issue in this recent cold spell, changed the thermostat and the car is toastie in 5 minutes.:)

Darren197128

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor
Hi, my Mercedes C180 Kompressor temperature gauge doesn’t get above 45deg. The heater vents only get slightly warm and never what I would call hot. Even after 1/2hr of driving.
Any ideas?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Hi, my Mercedes C180 Kompressor temperature gauge doesn’t get above 45deg. The heater vents only get slightly warm and never what I would call hot. Even after 1/2hr of driving.
Any ideas?

Get the thermostat replaced, preferrably with one from the dealer. The gauge should read around 85c
You'll find your fuel consumption better afterwards too.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom