W203 - C220 CDI - Fuel Pump & Pipe Leaks Help

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
i think they come with the new pipes, could be improvised with something i would think.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
i too thought i had a fault with my high pressure pump as diesel was leaking out and running down the block..
i bought new pipes which has all the seals on it and once replaced all the leaks stopped !

towack

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi Rappey

where did you get your pipes from?

Thanks

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I bought them from a proper m/b dealership at around £45 for all of them.

HelpThisDude

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C270CDI, R172 SLK55 AMG
Hello Rappey69, did you have to give them all the part numbers or were they OK doing all the searching?

HelpThisDude

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C270CDI, R172 SLK55 AMG
Oh and anyone know the torque for the screw that holds the pipe O ring clamp on to the pump? (item no. 101 in the diagram on original post on page 1)

Cheers :)

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
all i did was go into M/B stealership parts dept, and tell them i want all the plastic fuel lines that are under the bonnet.
they looked them up (they wanted vin number).
Check that the ones they give you match the ones under your bonnet as they got it wrong first time round :(
as for part 101, its only a clamp plate that holds the two plastic pipes in place so a sensible tightness for that sized bolt should suffice as rubber will take up until plate cant be pulled up any tighter.

timcarr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C270 ESTATE
hi all,first of all a BIG thanks to wullyuk for his in depth posting on this subject. I have an '02 C270 cdi that had the same fault on the high pressure pump (leaking valve cover plate) and i didnt really relish the thought of forking out £280 + vat for an exchange unit,initially i phoned my local mercedes dealer asking if seal kits were available and was told no only exchange pumps were. So after reading this i managed to bully the parts man at the dealer to order me the said kit (must be a BIG profit margin with the exchange pump). removed pump and set about replacing seals under valve covers (you have to be clinical in your cleanliness whilst doing this also the mating faces suffer from surface corrosion which you have to remove with wet and dry.So job done and no more leaks ! while i was at it i noticed the lower fuel pipe entering the low pressure pump was letting air in so i replaced the 'o' ring at the end of the pipe and this seems to be ok now too (air in the system causes poor starting).thanks again wullyuk.

Danny&Andrea

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270CDI Avantgarde SE Estate
I've just broken down due to the same problems listed above. However my leak has just caused alternator belt to snap, so im completely immobilised now.
The AA are on there way to tow it to the garage that was supposed to fix this fault 2 weeks ago. Damn Christmas period lol.

Is it safe to say that i only need the "O" rings replaced to cure the leak?

Im not a dab hand at anything practical, but that the parts i had the garage order along with alternator belt.

Cheers

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
There is also a foamy type washer that sits between where the pipes join the high pressure pump.
Its not much to get whole new pipes as some say the clips can become brittle and snap.
£280+vat for pump (eek) Dont know if its the same as the 220 but that is not much over £100 from eurocarparts.

philn826

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 CDi & BMW 330DSE
mercedes c220 cdi fuel pump leak

Hi all,
This is my first time on this forum so bear with me..
I have a similiar problem as WULLYUK with a a fuel pump leak...

My pump has two leaks;
First leak is at the the top of the pump, where bolts 27 hold the top down (I presume there is some sort of gasket between top and main body of pump)
Second leak is from the same type of plate which is on the right handside of pump as you look at it...(again is there a gasket here)

Questions I want answering if possible are:

Am I able to just remove fuel pump from car or are there any switches or procedures in removing it?

Secondly am i able to buy the gaskets which I think may be the cause of the leaks.

Thirdly - Diesel has leaked onto the drive belt, will this need replacing too?
Thanks Phil

Danny&Andrea

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270CDI Avantgarde SE Estate
I had 2 "O" rings replaced yesterday finally. Car starts fine now in the mornings :D

Yes alternator belt will need replacing mate.

alanthebig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi W211
checked the link and the pictures both are no longer available
any chance of supplying the pictures and the link again

Many thanks

Alan

nas786

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W210 E320 CDI Avantgarde 2002
Hi,

Apologies for reviving the thread but I have a similar problem with my 320 engine.

I have the W210 E320 cdi 2002, diesel is leaking from the top of the pump where bolt 27 lives. Any one know if there's a seal or gasket I can replace?

Cheers

jj1975

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w203 c220cdi 2002
hi every one I do have 52 reg C class 220cdi and same problem leaking from around fuel pump it happen just after i changed the thermostat dont know why I would to know if anyone can answer can fuel pump 'O' ring stop the diesel from leaking ?

turbospud

Reaction score
i changed my thermostat and the pipe with the test tail that passes the thermostat was very brittle and cracked when moved,ma612 070 3232 is part no £24 from merc

jj1975

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w203 c220cdi 2002
I do have 52 reg C class 220cdi and same problem leaking from around fuel pump it happen just after i changed the thermostat dont know why I would to know if anyone can answer can fuel pump 'O' ring stop the diesel from leaking ?

Edlosoldier

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c270
Part 89

Hi i know this is a old post but does any1 no the part number for 89
Thanks

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom