W203 C220CDi service indicator

MechPhil

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'87 260E
Hi guys, long time no see!

I'm servicing a friend's C220CDi on wednesday, and I was wondering if one of our indies (or a member with some experience) can tell me how to reset the service indicator without the aid of a computer.

Often, a bit of jiggery-pokery with the trip counter reset button and the ignition switch will do the trick, but if it can't be done, I'd rather he take the whole lot to someone with an appropriate computer.

And while we're at it, is it worth the few bucks I can save to get a fuel filter without a sensor and attempt to carry the sensor over? I normally buy all MB service parts from the dealer's, but this time they're just way off on price. It's literally three times the price of reputable aftermrket branded filter, and the branded filters are already a king's ransom...

Thanks in advance
Phil

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
It's in the manual. ingition, scroll to service indicater, hold the R button on instrument display, then press again when it asks if you want to reset.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom