W203 Central Locking Weirdness & Smart keys

mebenz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cd220/2004/w203
Hi! :)

I'm new to this forum. I'll probably be here quite a lot now that my CD220 is around 8 years old and I'm not getting any richer lol.

I've got a strange problem with one of my smart keys and was wondering if someone here has experienced this issue, or who knows of it, and perhaps knows how to remedy it?

The car is a CD220i 2004 W203 facelift.

The one smart key works perfectly *every time*.. click the fob button, all the doors open, car starts, car stops, all doors lock.. lovely.

The other identical spare key happily opens the drivers door *every time*, but intermittently fails when unlocking the other doors, same goes for locking. The key also lets me start the car without any problems.

The lock/unlock button on the dash works perfectly.

Logic leads me to believe the issue is with the spare key itself. I initially thought it could be a limitation of the spare key but the fact that it randomly locks/unlocks the other 3 doors leaves me scratching my head :confused:

I promise I'm not being lazy just registering here and asking for help. I've been searching google for ages and just can't find a solution. I don't think it's batteries. I found some info about syncing keys (which may have not been relevant), tried the process several times but had no joy.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Many thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
look in your handbook and it tells you how to change the action of the key to open just one door or all, it is all done by pressing buttons on the keys. you just hold 2 buttons down till the led flashes, its a flip flop action where you can reverse the process as you wish.

Welcome to the forum :D

OP
M

mebenz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cd220/2004/w203
look in your handbook and it tells you how to change the action of the key to open just one door or all, it is all done by pressing buttons on the keys. you just hold 2 buttons down till the led flashes, its a flip flop action where you can reverse the process as you wish.

Welcome to the forum :D

Hi. thanks for this man. I will go and try it now.

OP
M

mebenz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cd220/2004/w203
Hi Television,

your suggestion worked like a charm! thank you :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I love happy post :D:D

antons

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes w203
W203 CDI keys won't oppen doors from distance

:confused:Hi everyone,
I'm new in this forum and amazed how this forum works and I like to graduate all of you that try to help people with problems like myself. :D

I have the problem with my car Mercedes C220 (W203) - year 2000, keys won’t open the doors from distance (only from half meter distance and not with each pressing of buttons). Starting the car and driving the car was not the problem (horn and everything from electronic works properly on the car).

Yesterday I solve the problem with one of the keys (master) by performing the following procedure:, Put the key in ignition, press the key lock button and hold, turn the key in position 2 (still hold the lock button), turn the key in position 1, take the key out and release the lock button. After this you press repeatedly 5-6 times the lock button. After this the key works properly and without problems.

However, I perform the same procedure for the spare key but still won’t work. I change the batteries, red led light from aside is fleshing when lock/unlock buttons are pressed, I also check the light in front of the key it lights when unlocking/locking but not always (each time I press the buttons).

Can anyone help me to solve this problem…….. :(

Thanks,
Anton

Top Bottom