W203 Coupe Seatbelt Mounting

SteveM1965

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C200k Sports Coupe
Hi All, I've just purchased a 2004 C200K Coupe.

I've noticed that the seatbelts don't retract very well on both front sides. It looks to me like they are routed incorrectly around the plastic part that seems like it should poke out forwards to hold the seat belt out a bit.

Any chance someone with a similar car could post pics of the area where the seatbelt joins the b-pillar so I could see how it should be.

I've made it a bit better already, but would like to check it's as standard.

Thanks! Steve

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
These are from a 2009 model, but might give you an idea of the belt routing. I had to juggle with one of mine to get it to 'run' properly.

Attachments

• Seatbelt 1.jpg
    Seatbelt 1.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Seatbelt 2.jpg
    Seatbelt 2.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 5
OP
SteveM1965

SteveM1965

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C200k Sports Coupe
Perfect, thanks - they are identical to that.

When I got it the sticking out bit had the vertical section of the seatbelt routed through it which was clearly wrong (and mighty uncomfortable!).

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom