saleemarshad

Reaction score
Hello!
I had the engine management light come on. I took it to the local Mercedes dealership who looked at it and said that the "Part Load" pipe had collapsed. The parts for this seem to be relatively cheap coming in at less than 100 but it needs 6.1 hours of labour as a lot of the manifold, ac compressor etc have to be moved around. So brings the cost to around 1100. Its an 06 W203 c180k

Im thinking of taking it to a local garage, i found one in Tidworth, rainham. will ring them on Monday and ask what they say. I am based around east london.

Me thinks 6 hours of work at a local would save me a lot.

Your thoughts please..

thanks

Last edited:

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
If its the pipe underneath the manifold that always splits then that is a complete rip off and over charge.

The pipe is about £20. It takes just over an hour and a half to repair and you dont need to remove the inlet manifold or the A/C compressor. You remove the air box (which can be a bit of a pig) and a few bits of the control system.

I usually charge around £130 inc VAT.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Or the other pipe and valve under the super charger only takes a few hours........not 6....

OP
S

saleemarshad

Reaction score
Thanks ! I need to find an honest mechanic :)

jj1975

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w203 c220cdi 2002
GEM-TECH Ltd

This is in Romford should be few miles from you

OP
S

saleemarshad

Reaction score
Hello I rang both up but tidworth motors quoted me 110 plus vat and the other 250 for the breather pipe.
Took it to tidworth. Seems there Is oil seepage into the looms. So getting the mod fixed to hopefully stop it. Hopefully it will all be fixed tomorrow. Just the additional to pay for the oil fix.

OP
S

saleemarshad

Reaction score
Hello!
Thanks to everyone. The car is now fitted with a new part hose pipe and the new pigtails for the oil in the loom and had a clean of the ecu and loom.

It costed me 255 including all parts and labour.

Is there any thing I need to watch out for ? Ie check of there is more oil in the ECU in a few weeks time etc ?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom