W203 splutters when cold

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE
Hi

Just wondered if anyone can help shed light onto the strange symptoms may car has? My local garage have been unable to pinpoint the exact cause and rather than replace several potential items to see if it fixes, suggest I wait and see if anything manifests itself.

Car is C-class saloon W203 180K petrol auto.

This only happens when the car is started from cold and stops after 5 mins of driving when the car is up to running temperature.

Start car up and on tick over it sounds a bit spluttery (like it has a blown exhaust). But then, if I put it in drive or reverse and hold the car still with my foot on the brake it gets much louder. Release the brake and drive off and the noise goes until I stop again at a junction etc. This continues for first 5 mins until car reaches temperature and then I have no further issues.

The car handles and drives fine apart from this, no warning lights or malfunctions displayed - it's just annoying.

Any ideas?? :D

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
sounds like possibly the air flow sensor at fault. Needs to go on star diagnostics to see whats going on.

jib

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom