W204 Paint advice

djabie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
200 C Class C220 CDI Sport Edition. Full AMG Facelift
Hello all

I need to paint a section of the windscreen surround were the lacquer has peeled off.

Also after a recent Vandalism attack on my rear O/S door glass. I need to repair & paint the vertical strip that runs between the rear quarter light & main window.

My Mercedes is Obsidian black. However I do not think these parts are painted in this colour.

I was wondering If they are painted in an ordinary satin black then lacquered. Or maybe a gloss or matt black then lacquered.

Anyway I'm hoping someone will know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
djabie

djabie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
200 C Class C220 CDI Sport Edition. Full AMG Facelift
Hello all

I need to paint a section of the windscreen surround were the lacquer has peeled off.

Also after a recent Vandalism attack on my rear O/S door glass. I need to repair & paint the vertical strip that runs between the rear quarter light & main window.

My Mercedes is Obsidian black. However I do not think these parts are painted in this colour.

I was wondering If they are painted in an ordinary satin black then lacquered. Or maybe a gloss or matt black then lacquered.

Anyway I'm hoping someone will know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Further to this post I realise its not a surround. I think its known as roof rails trim. I now realise these are coated in a lacquer which is now started to
de-laminate.

I would however still like advice on painting the window pillar.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Best to buy the strip new or from a breaker.
If you can post a picture of the damage , then we can give you best advice as to repairing the pillar.

Top Bottom