Ritchie94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class W204 2008 320 CDI
Hi

currently, have W204, the car appears to be blowing front sam unit.

No heated seats, auto lights, wipers or horn not working. Replaced front sam, worked for a week. And it stopped working again. Could this be a fuse or relay?

The main thing I would like working is the wipers. If I disconnect the battery they will work for a day or two?

I took the car to an auto electrician and he advised there was too much voltage going through the SAM unit. I have taken the car to a few garages and no further forward.

Is there anywhere that can repair SAM units, its hard finding one with the same hardware and software codes as my own. Can they be reprogrammed if the numbers are different?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Hi

currently, have W204, the car appears to be blowing front sam unit.

No heated seats, auto lights, wipers or horn not working. Replaced front sam, worked for a week. And it stopped working again. Could this be a fuse or relay?

The main thing I would like working is the wipers. If I disconnect the battery they will work for a day or two?

I took the car to an auto electrician and he advised there was too much voltage going through the SAM unit. I have taken the car to a few garages and no further forward.

Is there anywhere that can repair SAM units, its hard finding one with the same hardware and software codes as my own. Can they be reprogrammed if the numbers are different?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

They can be coded but needs to have the same, or compatible part number as the old one.

Can your auto electrician explain what he means by "too much voltage" as it doesn't make sense.

Its possible you have a bad ground etc or that your fault isn't related to the.SAM.

OP
R

Ritchie94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was told SAM needed replacing,
I purchased one off eBay with same hardware and software code.

It plugged and played worked for a week. Then same fault no wipers, horn, auto lights, Hazard Button and heated seats.

Auto Electrician said there was 12v running to SAM he said should be slightly lower 8-9 volts.

If it's not SAM, is there anything else I could check or test?

This all began when I had trailer lights wired up or shortly after. Not sure if this contributed to my current problem.

Thanks

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The front SAM should have a 12v supply to it (or 13.8+ with the engine running)

I needs to go on Xentry/STAR/Diag equipment of some kind. Could be CAN issue, etc. It will have some codes on the same itself, or there will be no communication to the SAM.

Are the trailer lights/connector still wired in place? I would remove it if so.

OP
R

Ritchie94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The front SAM should have a 12v supply to it (or 13.8+ with the engine running)

I needs to go on Xentry/STAR/Diag equipment of some kind. Could be CAN issue, etc. It will have some codes on the same itself, or there will be no communication to the SAM.

Are the trailer lights/connector still wired in place? I would remove it if so.

Thanks.

I disconnected the trailer wiring and lights.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom